HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Herschel Walker's campaig...

Wed Oct 13, 2021, 08:39 PM

Herschel Walker's campaign downplays imagery before canceling fundraiser with host who had swastika

on her Twitter page

U.S. senate candidate Herschel Walker canceled a fundraiser on Wednesday after its host was exposed for using a swastika composed of hypodermic needles in her Twitter profile.

The former NFL and University of Georgia running back is running in Georgia as a Republican for Sen. Raphael Warnock's (D-Ga.) Senate seat in the 2022 midterms. He is endorsed by former President Donald Trump.

Walker was scheduled to attend a campaign fundraiser in Texas this weekend hosted by conservative filmmaker Bettina Sofia Viviano-Langlais. Early Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Patricia Murphy tweeted a screenshot of Viviano-Langlais' Twitter profile with an image of a swastika composed of hypodermic needles.

Per the Journal-Constitution, a Walker spokeswoman initially downplayed the Nazi imagery in Viviano-Langlais's profile.

"This is clearly an anti-mandatory vaccination graphic," the spokeswoman said. "Herschel unequivocally opposes anti-semitism and bigotry of all kinds.

https://sports.yahoo.com/herschel-walkers-campaign-downplays-imagery-before-canceling-fundraiser-with-host-promoting-swastika-on-her-twitter-page-212651070.html

5 replies, 480 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Herschel Walker's campaign downplays imagery before canceling fundraiser with host who had swastika (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 13 OP
50 Shades Of Blue Oct 13 #1
TwilightZone Oct 13 #2
blm Oct 13 #3
Blue Owl Oct 13 #4
LetMyPeopleVote Oct 14 #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Oct 13, 2021, 08:42 PM

1. I thought I was shock-proof where Repugs were concerned...

Once again, I was wrong!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 13, 2021, 08:49 PM

3. Apparently she's an accelerationist, too. BoogalooBois,

ProudBoys, 3%, and most Aryan groups are accelerationists. The Dylan Roof mentality.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 13, 2021, 09:11 PM

4. One of Red Don's very fine Nazis

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 01:12 AM

5. Denial is not just a river in Africa

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread