HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The only way the infrastr...

Tue Oct 12, 2021, 08:07 PM

The only way the infrastructure bills will pass is if the progressive caucus bend to what Manchin

and Sinema

If one thinks that Manchin will bend, it isnít going to happen

Remember before the 2020 primary, Manchin made it clear that if Sanders was the nominee, he wouldnít support him in the general election against trump?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/468278-manchin-says-he-wouldnt-back-sanders-against-trump-in-presidential-race?amp

The fact is Manchin and Sinema donít care if we lose the majority in 2022

5 replies, 606 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply The only way the infrastructure bills will pass is if the progressive caucus bend to what Manchin (Original post)
JohnSJ Oct 12 OP
zipplewrath Oct 12 #1
JohnSJ Oct 12 #2
zipplewrath Oct 12 #3
dutch777 Oct 12 #4
Bettie Oct 12 #5

Response to JohnSJ (Original post)

Tue Oct 12, 2021, 08:29 PM

1. I suspect they will

I suspect that there is a date out there (Oct. 31?) that everyone knows is the "end of the line" and they're just trying to squeeze in everything they can before that date.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to zipplewrath (Reply #1)

Tue Oct 12, 2021, 08:47 PM

2. I am pretty sure the progressive caucus will insure something passes, but my point is that it will

be Manchin and Sinema who will call the shots, because I donít think they care if we hold onto the majority

The only way to overcome this is win enough seats in the Senate so Manchin and Sinema wonít be able to hold us hostage

Reply to this post

Response to JohnSJ (Reply #2)

Tue Oct 12, 2021, 08:54 PM

3. Yup

Everyone is figuring out what they can get into the bill, that those two won't care about, before the deadline. Ultimately, it's the goal to get just enough control of the senate to make them marginal. In many cases people like them are just the "Face" of the opposition, but there are often other senators that are happy that those two take the heat so that they don't have to. However, in this case, I really think they are two on their own with no support.

Reply to this post

Response to zipplewrath (Reply #3)

Tue Oct 12, 2021, 09:12 PM

4. Right on! Sad but true

Any elected rep is at the end of the day only beholden to their constituency and AZ and WV are tough for Dems

Reply to this post

Response to JohnSJ (Original post)

Tue Oct 12, 2021, 09:53 PM

5. So, it is always the things that

HELP NORMAL PEOPLE that get jettisoned.

We'll end up with a bill that helps a bunch of corporations and rich people and does little else.

Wow, what a "win".

ETA: And then, the progressives will be blamed for "not helping people".

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread