HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The safety net

Fri Oct 1, 2021, 11:55 AM

The safety net

is needed because of the last 40 years of the republican philosophy and results has decimated the country as a functioning society..

Raygun came to power and what did he do. He eviscerated the middle class and the working class by killing the unions. He then split the country along racial lines and told welfare Cadillac jokes and big buck jokes and demonized African Americans as leeches.

Next came the deindustrialization of America which hollowed out the middle class and eventually destroyed rural America.

Then he promoted that the individual to have no responsibility to the state so people think it is okay not to vaccinate because they think their individual rights are more important than the society at large.

So this has us where the government has to help everyone because the pay that the average worker receives is not enough to sustain a livelihood.

Our leaders should say this and point out what forty years of this perverted philosophy has done to the U.S.

2 replies, 390 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The safety net (Original post)
Casady1 Oct 2021 OP
in2herbs Oct 2021 #1
jimfields33 Oct 2021 #2

Response to Casady1 (Original post)

Fri Oct 1, 2021, 11:57 AM

1. I believe that D leaders over the years, and even those who were just candidates for an office have

repeatedly pointed this out but it is the media who is failing to do their part in the messaging.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to in2herbs (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 1, 2021, 11:58 AM

2. I think most would say you had 40 years to fix it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread