HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Seems that hate is strong...

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 12:41 PM

Seems that hate is stronger than self well-being

Many of us, myself included, think that Republican voters are infected with a disease called "stupid."

In reflecting on it, I've come to the conclusion that, although stupid may play a role, those voters are, for the most part, driven by hate. They hate blacks. They hate browns, They hate those who don't speak English. They hate Democrats. They hate non-"Christians." They hate every single human being who doesn't mirror their world-view, their biases, their beliefs and their fantasies. And they hate anyone who tells them to wear a mask or get vaccinated.

These are some seriously fucked up people. They have suspended any beliefs they may have once had in medicine, self health, or any manner of their own well being. They have been convinced that the "highest calling in life" is to "Own the Libs."

Call it mass madness if you will, but I find it hard to grasp how any sane person can hold the mindset of these Republican bots. I'd like to say "fuck 'em, but they are a danger to our freedoms, our country, and each and every one of us.

So what do we do about them? I really don't know. And what's more frightening is that our elected Democratic politicians seem to be as clueless as the rest of us as to how to end this era of insanity.

9 replies, 550 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Cyrano (Original post)

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 12:48 PM

1. Best we can hope for is that they die of COVID, Clorox, Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, or Betadine

or alien DNA.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 12:48 PM

2. According to Neil deGrassey Tyson, these idiots are dying 5X faster then Dems

Just stay out of their way..because if they are heíll bent on dying we really canít stop them

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 12:50 PM

3. Hate is self-destructive. I wonder how long they can survive carrying around that poison

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 12:52 PM

4. Yeah, agreed but never give up. Keep the faith. There are no

good alternatives that I can see. So letís all just hang together and hang in there. With that at least thereís hope and a chance.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 01:04 PM

5. Well all I can say is you CAN fix stupid. And they are doing it to themselves.

Almost looks like self Hate, too. Eh?

Reply to this post

Response to flying_wahini (Reply #5)

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 01:36 PM

7. Self hate?

Those who are "greater patriots" than everyone else living in self hate? Those who are "more American" than all the rest of us, dwelling in self hate? Those defenders of "white Christianity and God's plan" existing in self hate? ... Nah, couldn't be. Then again ... hmmm.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 01:19 PM

6. Rather than hate, I like to think of it as misplaced anger or outrage

This is the legacy of Donald Chump - a man with never-ending outrage and refusal to accept blame for anything. Stupidity happens when these people who voted for him can't even see how they're being used as cannon fodder. Their lives and their children's lives mean nothing to Chump. He'll just go right on using them and taking from them.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 14, 2021, 01:51 PM

8. Adrenalin junkies really

and probably other brain chemicals at work as well. They are addicted and circulate amongst themselves because just talking to another believer delivers another shot.
Look at them - if they were not amped up, what would their lives be like? Boring and pointless.

Reply to this post

Response to KT2000 (Reply #8)

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 08:36 AM

9. My wife is an ICU nurse and talks about her colleagues

who seem to be addicted to their stress hormones. They don't feel "normal" unless they are freaked out about the current situation, whatever that might be.

It's an unhealthy way to live, for the body and the mind.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread