HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I hope that vaccine and m...

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 08:46 AM

I hope that vaccine and mask mandates blunt the post-Labor Day surge I expect

Many colleges have imposed vaccine requirements:

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-08-31/school-vaccine-mandates-here-they-come

And some states have imposed mask requirements for K-12 schools, i.e. Virginia:

https://www.whsv.com/2021/09/03/some-augusta-county-oppose-school-mask-mandates-covid-19-cases-surge/

BUT:

Out and about yesterday in Northern VA, I passed by a local farmers' market where just about no one was wearing a mask ((hey, we're outdoors, right)).

This weekend, there is an arts festival ((on the street)) in Arlington county.

And I'm sure that a lot of the college football crowds are not current college students.

BUT: A few miles from here, when I mailed bills, everyone covered up entering the lobby ((one wore a face shield)).

We'll see what happens by autumn equinox.

And if the Congressional baseball charity fundraiser ((29 Sep)) occurs on schedule.

3 replies, 467 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I hope that vaccine and mask mandates blunt the post-Labor Day surge I expect (Original post)
nitpicker Sep 5 OP
Chainfire Sep 5 #1
lark Sep 5 #2
joetheman Sep 5 #3

Response to nitpicker (Original post)

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 08:53 AM

1. Florida State opens its football season tonight against Notre Dame

The stadium holds a little over 82,000 people and it will probably be full. I wonder how many people will die as the result of attending the game and the associated drinking and partying? Of course, being Florida, I am sure DeSantis will keep us safe.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Chainfire (Reply #1)

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 09:34 AM

2. I was seeing lots of full stadiums as I scrolled around last night and no masks.

Think we're in for a world of hurt within 2 weeks, the virus was already exploding in FL, more people got vaccinated and it went down a bit but I expect it to coming roaring back because of underage children in school & no mask mandate that cant be overridden by parents plus the large outdoors events with no masks.

Reply to this post

Response to nitpicker (Original post)

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 09:38 AM

3. Based on the crowds at opening college football games, I doubt that it will. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread