HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » LL world series

Fri Aug 13, 2021, 07:10 PM

LL world series

I am watching the LL world series which I really like but it is almost exclusively white. Baseball today is so expensive. Bats are $300 and gloves are $200. Travel baseball is easily $2,000. Such a shame.

2 replies, 552 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply LL world series (Original post)
Casady1 Aug 2021 OP
rownesheck Aug 2021 #1
rsdsharp Aug 2021 #2

Response to Casady1 (Original post)

Fri Aug 13, 2021, 07:36 PM

1. One of my cousins

played in the LL World Series back in 2000 I think. They made it to the championship game, but lost to Brazil ( again, I think). He was on the team from Bellaire, TX. It was a cool experience seeing him play. He was even interviewed on ESPN. My uncle was one of the coaches. My cousin signed with the Brooklyn Cyclones once he was out of college. Sadly, he injured his elbow and that was basically it.

He was the youngest of the cousins and we used to be so mean to him when we were younger. He got the better of us though by having experienced such a cool thing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Casady1 (Original post)

Fri Aug 13, 2021, 07:54 PM

2. I vividly remember one of my law partners walking into

my office to show me the catchers mitt he had purchased for his son for Christmas. It was a fully customized Wilson A2K. Go to the web site and pick the glove color, the stitching color, the lacing color, the type of web, and whether you wanted a name embroidered on the glove. If so, what name, in what color, and where on the glove.

This was a pro mitt, used by a number of MLB catchers. The base price was about $350, and with all of the custom options it ran over $500. And it was the second mitt he had purchased, because he hadnít liked the way the first one had turned out. I think his son was about 14 at the time.

He could well afford it, and he didnít really spoil his sons in most ways, but I almost fell off my chair. When I was that age, I went to the hardware store and got a glove for $6-7.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread