HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » No mask mandate in Connec...

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 02:33 PM

No mask mandate in Connecticut yet.

All the CT counties are listing substantial increases in Covid even though this is a highly vaxed state. The department of health is urging indoor masks but no mandate from the governor, which surprised me. Maybe state mask mandates are just a political dead issue at this point.
Only been to two stores since Friday. I reluctantly donned mine but hardly anyone else did.

12 replies, 450 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply No mask mandate in Connecticut yet. (Original post)
Tomconroy Aug 2021 OP
gypsy11 Aug 2021 #1
CTyankee Aug 2021 #3
gypsy11 Aug 2021 #4
Nanjeanne Aug 2021 #2
gypsy11 Aug 2021 #7
Tomconroy Aug 2021 #5
gypsy11 Aug 2021 #8
Tomconroy Aug 2021 #9
gypsy11 Aug 2021 #11
Tomconroy Aug 2021 #12
MANative Aug 2021 #6
CTMotoXFan Aug 2021 #10

Response to Tomconroy (Original post)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 02:36 PM

1. I'm in Connecticut

And itís concerning me. We need to bring back some restrictions or everything we sacrificed for the last year + will be for nothing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gypsy11 (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 02:47 PM

3. I'm also in CT and agree to bring back restrictions.

I wear a mask when I go out anywhere. I will continue doing so because of the looming variants. I don't want my efforts to go to naught. If this is what it takes to remain safe and healthy then so be it.

Reply to this post

Response to CTyankee (Reply #3)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 02:59 PM

4. I never stopped masking.

Each time I go out I see a few with masks. Way too many took them off after we opened back up and dropped the mandate. Itís such a simple thing to do, and it helps!

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 02:46 PM

2. I'm in CT as well and we have never taken off our masks as my husband has multiple myeloma. But

in the stores we've gone into - grocery, coffee shop, etc. - more and more people are wearing masks. In fact, I've been kind of surprised how many people are continuing or restarting mask wearing indoors.

Hoping Lamont does issue a mandate for CT but perhaps each town/city will institute themselves based on their specific numbers.

Reply to this post

Response to Nanjeanne (Reply #2)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:06 PM

7. Glad to hear what you are seeing

I donít go out much. I never really changed my behavior when restrictions were lifted. The few times I have gone out, Iíd say maybe 2 or 3 out of 10 people I see are masked- thereís a majority that arenít.
At least in my part if the state (vacation destination beach town, closer to NY- so lots of NY and NJ folks around.)

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:02 PM

5. To me the most disturbing aspect is that we are

A highly vaxed state. How can this be happening?
Are they figuring the substantial increase on a percentage basis? I saw an article saying admissions to Yale New Haven were up five fold in the last week or so, but that was from a very low number.
I don't like masks but I'm doing what I'm told, or at least strongly suggested.

Reply to this post

Response to Tomconroy (Reply #5)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:15 PM

8. Vaccinated people...

Can spread the delta variant. At least thatís what Iíve been reading. Vaccinated have just as high viral loads as unvaccinated which they shed if infected, but vaccinated are mostly asymptomatic. So Iím assuming thereís infected vaccinated people who have no idea theyíre infected going about their daily business.

Reply to this post

Response to gypsy11 (Reply #8)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:27 PM

9. Connecticut has a lot of data

On their website. Apparently they get a report of a medically sponsored Covid test. They still seem to be saying breakthroughs are very rare.

Reply to this post

Response to Tomconroy (Reply #9)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:41 PM

11. That cluster in Massachusetts

Over the July 4th week says otherwise. I think 74% of the positive cases were vaccinated people.

Reply to this post

Response to gypsy11 (Reply #11)

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:46 PM

12. At this point I don't know what to think about

Breakthroughs. Somebody who seemed knowledgeable said 20 percent of the vaxed could get them. We get stories but not really good data. CDC and CT seem to suggest very rare. I dunno.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:03 PM

6. Also in CT

My husband and a very dear friend both work at the same grocery store. Hubby is wearing a mask again as of last Thursday. Friend isn't (yet) but I'll keep working on him for our mutual safety. He's at our house for several hours each week, so there's a vested interest in all of us being careful. I went to that store briefly on Saturday and wore a mask. Noticed that at least half of the other shoppers were also masked. All of us are fully vaccinated, but the up-tick in cases is concerning.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 2, 2021, 03:34 PM

10. Another In CT

Vaxxed and healthy but the mask is back on full time for me, I had taken to not having one on around small crowds but that is done. Iíve been getting treatment for cancer for the last year so Iím taking no chances now that things are looking good for me health wise. Went grocery shopping last night at 8:00 PM to avoid crowds at a big chain store and maybe a third of the other shoppers (not many at that time of the day) had a mask on.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread