HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » American Airlines Manager...

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 10:30 PM

American Airlines Manager "Fires" Customer

It would appear that the incident started when the passenger wasn’t wearing a mask. The woman apparently called an American Airlines employee a “b*tch” after being asked to wear a mask. That’s when the manager got involved. He recapped what she did, and then said:

“It was completely uncalled for and inappropriate, you’re not going to travel. We don’t tolerate that crap with us, at all. You can find another carrier to fly. I’d suggest Spirit.”

The passenger tried to backtrack, claiming she didn’t call anyone a “b*tch,” but then it was pointed out that other people heard this as well. Since she realized she had been caught, she instead tried to play the sympathy card, but that didn’t go very far. -https://onemileatatime.com/news/american-airlines-manager-fires-customer/

It's just crazy that people are still trying to get away with this crap after all the publicity of similar behavior getting people kicked off planes or fined or banned for life. I guess it's the entitlement BS they think they have after the years of Asshole-In-Chief.

13 replies, 1485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply American Airlines Manager "Fires" Customer (Original post)
Liberal In Texas Jul 22 OP
Guilded Lilly Jul 22 #1
SoCalDavidS Jul 22 #2
Skittles Jul 22 #3
temporary311 Jul 22 #4
Chili Jul 22 #8
GulfCoast66 Jul 22 #5
msfiddlestix Jul 22 #7
msfiddlestix Jul 22 #6
C Moon Jul 23 #9
North Shore Chicago Jul 23 #10
TuxedoKat Jul 23 #11
Liberal In Texas Jul 23 #12
Hortensis Jul 23 #13

Response to Liberal In Texas (Original post)

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:04 PM

1. Can we clone this man? ACCOUNTABILITY, lady. Learning it the hard way. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:06 PM

2. He Suggested She Fly Spirit

Classic

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:06 PM

3. "the customer is always right" is absolute bullshit

kudos to that man

Reply to this post

Response to Skittles (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:20 PM

4. "The customer is always right in matters of taste."

That's the full quote. All it means is that if a restaurant serves steak, and a customer wants it well done with ketchup, then they should be able to have it that way, no matter how much of abomination in the eyes of god and man that is.

It doesn't mean customers get to abuse employees and more places need to stop tolerating it. Even (or especially) if it means firing the occasional Karen like this guy did.

Reply to this post

Response to temporary311 (Reply #4)

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:37 PM

8. uh oh

I love my strak well done with ketchup. That's the only way I'll eat it! Yum!

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:23 PM

5. Airlines, restaurants and even theme parks are out of fucks to give.

One unexpected benefit of Covid is that many companies no longer are allowing paying customers to mistreat employees.

I flew last week for the first time since Covid. Saw my first Karen moment in person. Not about masks but a little dog. She lady wanted to hold it. Not put it in the carrier on the floor. She yelled maybe 2 sentences at the flight attendant when the attendant turned around, left the plane to get security. We had obviously not taken off and the door was still open. The woman’s stupid husband just sat there. Luckily for the lady a fellow passengers told her that if she continued to raise a ruckus when security arrived she would get thrown off the plane. Unbelievably it got through to her and she apologized to the security guy. In the past the flight attendant would not have been empowered to act so quickly.

My wife and I work at a major theme park in the Orlando area. Due to the abuse employees took over masks there is now a no exception policy for customers verbally abusing employees for any reason. Insult an employee you get bounced. Continue to the point security or the cops are called you get banned for life.

For too long little fascists have gotten away with abusing lower paid employees. I hope all businesses enact these no exception policies.

Reply to this post

Response to GulfCoast66 (Reply #5)

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:37 PM

7. I'm glad to read this report. It restores a bit of hope this will be tolerated no more.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 11:34 PM

6. It's the primary reason why I decided to Amtrak across country

Not saying things like this won't happen on the train, but it's a lot easier to disembark these cretins while on the ground and not in the skies.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 23, 2021, 01:22 AM

9. Liar. Typical right wing liar. That's how they've learned to get through life.

She sounded sooooo fake.
At the end, I bet she ended up yelling.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 23, 2021, 08:14 AM

10. Well done, Mr. Manager

He sounds and resembles Smithers from The Simpsons.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 23, 2021, 08:30 AM

11. Well

If she put her mask on and apologized I’d have let her fly. I work in the industry and I’ve seen much worse behavior. Also not cool to disrespect a fellow airline. I flew on Spirit the other day. the plane was an airbus, flight attendants were fine, professional, it was a good flight overall.

Reply to this post

Response to TuxedoKat (Reply #11)

Fri Jul 23, 2021, 02:34 PM

12. She was abusive to the AA employee.

Called her a "bitch."

Reply to this post

Response to TuxedoKat (Reply #11)

Fri Jul 23, 2021, 02:35 PM

13. I was wondering what Spirit did to deserve the referral. :)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread