HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Idiot college football co...

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 09:23 PM

Idiot college football coach sets horrible example by refusing to get vaccinated

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31857999/washington-state-nick-rolovich-says-unvaccinated-do-pac-12-media-day-remotely
Washington State's Nick Rolovich says he's unvaccinated, will do Pac-12 media day remotely

Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich said Wednesday that he has chosen not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and that he will join Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles remotely Tuesday.

"As the Pac-12 Conference has required that all in-person participants at next week's Pac-12 Football Media Day be fully vaccinated, I will participate remotely and look forward to talking about our football team and the incredible young men in our program," Rolovich said in a statement.

"I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private. While I have made my own decision, I respect that every individual -- including our coaches, staff and student-athletes -- can make his or her own decision regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. I will not comment further on my decision."

The school mandates vaccination for students and staff, but apparently made an exception. My guess is that the cryptic statement was a concession by the coach to avoid talking about why he made this decision. And if that's the case, his reason is almost certainly based on politics and conspiracy theories.

5 replies, 867 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Idiot college football coach sets horrible example by refusing to get vaccinated (Original post)
Bleacher Creature Jul 21 OP
gratuitous Jul 21 #1
bamagal62 Jul 21 #2
CentralMass Jul 21 #3
Celerity Jul 21 #4
oasis Jul 22 #5

Response to Bleacher Creature (Original post)

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 09:27 PM

1. WSU offers a masters in public health

Why don't you toddle on over to the school for public health, coach, and see what they think about your private decision? Or pop by one of those full-to-the-brim intensive care wards around the country and tell the doctors, nurses, and other health care personnel why you think your decision is such a brilliant idear that you feel safe pissing all over their work?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 09:41 PM

2. Good luck with the delta variant!

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 09:56 PM

3. The school should show him the door.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 10:38 PM

4. He is a RWer with a history of assaulting a photog and telling players for social justice to quit

Former Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich expresses regret after call with Washington state player over social justice group

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/08/former-hawaii-coach-nick-rolovich-expresses-regret-after-call-with-washington-state-player-over-social-justice-group.html

Washington State Head Football Coach Nick Rolovich broke his silence this evening and expressed regret for his controversial phone call with Cougars wide receiver Kassidy Woods regarding the Pac-12 group of players #WeAreUnited , which advocates for social justice. On Sunday’s phone call recorded by Woods, the wide receiver told his coach he was retiring from the upcoming season due to personal health concerns related to the coronavirus.

Rolovich told him he had no problem with the decision, but then asked Woods if he was in the #WeAreUnited group. When Woods confirmed he was a member of the group, Rolovich told him that being involved in the group would hurt his position with the team and that he should clear his locker.

Woods posted a transcript of his call with Rolovich to the Dallas Morning News.

According to USA Today, Woods said on Sunday that Rolovich was clear that staying aligned with the group of Pac-12 athletes who seek “fair treatment for college athletes” could cloud his future with the Cougars.

snip

Photographer alleges he was assaulted by Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich and another employee

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/11/29/hawaii-football-nick-rolovich-honolulu-star/4333390002/

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 22, 2021, 12:39 AM

5. Prediction: WSU will have a losing season and Rolovich will get sacked.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread