HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Eaten alive': Hawaii bar...

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 01:52 AM

'Eaten alive': Hawaii bars reportedly receive backlash when asking for vaccination proof

https://www.sfgate.com/hawaii/article/hawaii-restaurants-bars-vaccine-rules-covid-16327053.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

Bars and restaurants in Oahu were recently told they can lose all social distancing restrictions, but there was a catch: Under the order, staff are required to ask customers to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result within the prior 48 hours to allow entry.

Establishments that attempted this were met with a backlash from customers and "eaten alive on social media," reports Hawaii News Now.

Now, the Hawaii Restaurant Association canít name a single eatery still participating in the program.

----------------

9 replies, 1036 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Eaten alive': Hawaii bars reportedly receive backlash when asking for vaccination proof (Original post)
Demovictory9 Jul 21 OP
SergeStorms Jul 21 #1
msongs Jul 21 #2
SunSeeker Jul 21 #3
mahina Jul 21 #6
mahina Jul 21 #4
Demovictory9 Jul 21 #5
mahina Jul 21 #7
mahina Jul 21 #8
marble falls Jul 21 #9

Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 02:30 AM

1. The anti-vaxxers won't be happy....

until everyone is sick or dying from COVID. I guess they believe herd immunity is the only way to conquer COVID, they're afraid Bill Gates is using tracking chips to keep track of them, they're afraid of being "magnetized" by the vaccine, they're afraid the vaccine is going to make them sterile, they're afraid the vaccine is going to make them have triplets. ......THEY'RE AFRAID OF EVERYTHING!

Bunch of snowflakes!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 03:00 AM

2. people tired of getting drunk and obnoxious at home nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 03:01 AM

3. Yeah, I won't be going to Hawaii any time soon.

Between the maskholes on the plane and anti-vaxxers in the restaurants, paradise has been lost.

Reply to this post

Response to SunSeeker (Reply #3)

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 05:29 AM

6. Thank you.

Sorry. 💧 maybe we will all wake up and be kind.

Holding hope. I have to think weíll get there. How will we know I donít know but I hope you get to come back.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 05:27 AM

4. These visitors we're getting from the continent, a lot of them act like

Oh my God I donít even know how to describe it they are just enormous assholes.

We ask them to put on masks in our indoor businesses and they go on the absolute attack. We ask them to pull their mask over their noses when itís clearly posted that that is required for entry and they act like weíre stealing their first born.

Tell them they might want to step back from that rocky cliff where the big waves they donít see this second rise up and suck people off them to the deep blue, they spit on us and scream at us. Then this chick harassed a monk seal, endangered species. They are just behaving like monsters.

I donít even know what trip these people are on? They are horrible
You just wouldnít believe it. . I wouldnít believe it if I wasnít hearing it with my own ears and seeing it with my own eyes.

Not all of these folks are visitors but all of them are from the continent. Itís really hurting the way people feel about America. And Americans. And being Americans.

The nice folks are the majority and I am so thankful for their consideration and courtesy. Those folks are a pleasure to have with us.

Reply to this post

Response to mahina (Reply #4)

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 05:28 AM

5. omg.. sorry to hear that.

Reply to this post

Response to Demovictory9 (Reply #5)

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 05:30 AM

7. Sucks 💧

Trumpers suck.

💧

Reply to this post

Response to Demovictory9 (Reply #5)

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 05:43 AM

8. Maybe this will help

Not so pono but you know when that woman bothered the monk seals I think a lot of folks just had it. 🤣

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 21, 2021, 08:10 AM

9. The whole of Covid responses have the same freaking problem: all "mandate" and no ...

... enforcement authority.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread