HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump trolled with video ...

Fri Jul 16, 2021, 08:46 AM

Trump trolled with video of leaders mocking him as he claims world 'didn't laugh' at US ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-world-leaders-video-president-b1884944.html

Trump trolled with video of leaders mocking him as he claims world ‘didn’t laugh’ at US when he was president

Former president says world leaders ‘didn’t laugh when I was there’ despite 2018 video showing otherwise

Gustaf Kilander
16 hours ago

Former President Donald Trump was trolled with a video of leaders mocking him after he claimed that the world “didn’t laugh” at the US when he was president.

Mr Trump was going after Washington Post journalists Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker for their new book I Alone Can Fix It, in which the reporters describe a moment when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi expressed her worries that then-President Trump would be willing to use nuclear weapons after the election.

“Nancy Pelosi is a known nut-job,” the Trump statement said. “Her enraged quotes that she was afraid that I would use nuclear weapons is just more of the same. In fact, I was the one that got us out of wars, not into wars. And I was the one who got respect for our Country again, not like now when the leaders of the entire World are laughing at us. They didn’t laugh when I was there!”

Ms Pelosi spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs General Mark Milley, wanting to be reassured that Mr Trump wouldn’t be able to use nuclear weapons during his final days in office.

[...]

1 replies, 822 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump trolled with video of leaders mocking him as he claims world 'didn't laugh' at US ... (Original post)
sl8 Jul 16 OP
marble falls Jul 16 #1

Response to sl8 (Original post)

Fri Jul 16, 2021, 08:57 AM

1. At least he used the past tense "I was there," as in "I WAS President, but I am no longer."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread