HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » One simple idea Nancy/Chu...

Fri Jun 25, 2021, 01:55 PM

One simple idea Nancy/Chuck could try to help the "For the People Act"

Announce that they are considering paying every registered voter who votes in a national election to be paid $50.
And we plan on paying for it by doing A,B,&C (to be determined) Watch the reQublicans come up with all kinds
of excuses why certain groups of people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Hang their "no votes allowed" ideas
around their necks before the midterms and we might see the largest midterm voter turnout ever. Now I realize
that we'll probably never pay people to vote, but if the idiot reQublicans in congress were afraid that a Biden
administration might do just that, they'll start whining in front of the TV cameras. Would only hurt them, not us.

2 replies, 447 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply One simple idea Nancy/Chuck could try to help the "For the People Act" (Original post)
KS Toronado Jun 25 OP
Karadeniz Jun 25 #1
csziggy Jun 25 #2

Response to KS Toronado (Original post)

Fri Jun 25, 2021, 02:01 PM

1. Don't think we can pay voters.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to KS Toronado (Original post)

Fri Jun 25, 2021, 02:06 PM

2. My husband suggested that eligible people who do not vote don't get individual deductions

On their income taxes.

Though I wish the US would adopt the Australian model - voting is mandated for every eligible voter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread