HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fox News' 'Concerned' Par...

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 01:47 PM

Fox News' 'Concerned' Parents Are Actually Just GOP Activists

In an effort to bolster its obsessive fear-mongering over the teaching of “critical race theory” in schools, Fox News has hosted nearly a dozen “concerned parents” or educators who are actually Republican strategists, right-wing media personalities, or conservative think-tank staffers.

According to a new review by liberal watchdog Media Matters, the network—which has mentioned critical race theory over 1,300 times since March—has downplayed or even outright ignored many of these guests’ GOP activist ties while featuring them as local citizens outraged over their schools’ curriculum.

One prominent Fox guest in the fight over critical race theory has been Ian Prior, who has repeatedly been introduced as merely a “Loudoun County parent” who has “gone from concerned parent, like many of you, to legal activist.” But he’s no stranger to partisan politics.

Prior, who launched a political action committee this year opposing the teaching of “critical race theory,” is also an ex-spokesperson for the Department of Justice and has worked for several high-profile Republican groups. He also made dozens of appearances on Fox prior to this latest culture-war flashpoint.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-news-concerned-parents-are-actually-just-gop-activists-report/ar-AAL9rzT

7 replies, 888 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fox News' 'Concerned' Parents Are Actually Just GOP Activists (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jun 17 OP
Blue Owl Jun 17 #1
treestar Jun 17 #7
Hugh_Lebowski Jun 17 #2
underpants Jun 17 #3
tanyev Jun 17 #4
Grins Jun 17 #5
gratuitous Jun 17 #6

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 01:51 PM

1. Graduates of the Susan Collins Institute, I see

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Blue Owl (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 05:59 PM

7. Lol. And like Collins, they

Do it over and over

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 02:02 PM

2. Lucky for Faux, their viewers are drooling cultists who prefer living in a curated fantasy world

and who also, conveniently, have the memory recall ability of turnips (hence they'll never remember they've seen this 'concerned parent' many times before on the network).

Reply to this post

Response to Hugh_Lebowski (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 03:11 PM

3. Lilit is from neighboring Fairfax county. I was watching the next morning

I just happened to be flipping through. This was the lead 6AM story. She was introduced with “a teacher from another county” as I recall it. This was made to sound like it was a great effort for her to be there. A Fox standard in any murder by cop protest is to state that most of the protesters aren’t even from that locality.

I googled her and her TurningPointUSA page popped right up.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 05:04 PM

4. They've been playing that game for years.

At least the internet makes it easier to expose them.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 05:15 PM

5. Fox did this before the last two general elections...

Usu. in Florida. “Concerned suburban women voters.”

Every one of them a Republican or worse - Republicans running for public office.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 17, 2021, 05:24 PM

6. Another homage to pro wrestling

Like how pro wrestler Cactus Jack became Mankind and then Dude Love, or The Diamond Studd became Razor Ramon became Scott Hall, these are characters, players, in the Fox version of politics. Only to be taken slightly less seriously.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread