HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ex-Trump Lawyer Says He F...

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 08:42 PM

Ex-Trump Lawyer Says He Felt 'Trapped' While in the White House

A former White House lawyer told Congress earlier this month he felt "trapped" by former President Donald Trump's repeated requests to remove special counsel Robert Mueller from leading an investigation into the 2016 Trump's campaign's relationship with Russia.

"After I got off the phone with the president, how did I feel? Oof. Frustrated, perturbed, trapped. Many emotions," ex-White House counsel Don McGahn told a Democratic-led House Judiciary Committee, in June 4 testimony that was released Wednesday.

McGahn, 52, told lawmakers he "felt trapped, because the president had the same conversation with me repeatedly, and I thought I conveyed my views and offered my advice, and we were still having the same conversation."

McGahn was the legal counsel for Trump's 2016 campaign before joining him as a lawyer at the White House. He resigned in October 2018.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-trump-lawyer-says-he-felt-trapped-while-in-the-white-house/ar-AAKVmmm

Sounds like Trump has a short attention span.

2 replies, 560 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ex-Trump Lawyer Says He Felt 'Trapped' While in the White House (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Thursday OP
Thomas Hurt Thursday #1
Corgigal Thursday #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 09:16 PM

1. and yet you kept your fn mouth shut and stayed on the job...little late to complain now.

Could have just walked hypocrite.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 09:17 PM

2. I quit

sent on email was just too much of a bother.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread