HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump is reportedly crash...

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 06:31 PM

Trump is reportedly crashing memorial services, living large 'like Napoleon at Elba'

"By all accounts," Joshua Green reports at Bloomberg, former President Donald Trump's postĖWhite House life in Southern Florida "doesn't resemble that of a typical ex-president so much as a foreign monarch cast into exile ó like Napoleon at Elba, but with golf and a bigger buffet." Trump isn't just holding court at Mar-a-Lago, which he's transformed into the new center of gravity for the Republican Party, Green writes. He's also created "his own economy, providing livelihoods for his former aides," who in turn "trumpet his gospel of stolen elections and Democratic conspiracies."

"As Comic-Con does for actors past their prime, South Florida offers hardcore Trump fans a way to indulge their nostalgia and fawn over their favorite characters from the extended Trump Universe," Green reports. And Trump himself is constantly "bathed in adulation. When he enters the dining room, people stand and applaud. When he returns from golf, he's met with squeals and selfie requests. When he leaves Mar-a-Lago, he often encounters flag-waving throngs."

Inside Mar-a-Lago, Trump will "show up for anything," Green adds. "In recent weeks, Trump has popped into engagement parties and memorial services. A Mar-a-Lago member who recently attended a club gathering for a deceased friend was surprised when Trump sauntered in to deliver remarks and then hung around, apparently enjoying himself."

Some Trump courtiers have moved to the Palm Beach area because they want to ó Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto recently bought homes near Mar-a-Lago. Others, like former White House staffers who have been unable to get jobs after the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, "have nowhere else to go," former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg told Bloomberg. "What else are they going to do?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-reportedly-crashing-memorial-services-132345361.html

11 replies, 1098 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump is reportedly crashing memorial services, living large 'like Napoleon at Elba' (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jun 10 OP
Aviation Pro Jun 10 #1
ZZenith Jun 10 #2
Bristlecone Jun 10 #3
underpants Jun 10 #4
peacefreak2.0 Jun 10 #5
smirkymonkey Jun 10 #6
demtenjeep Jun 10 #7
Rhiannon12866 Jun 10 #8
Hekate Jun 10 #9
Withywindle Jun 10 #10
LetMyPeopleVote Jun 10 #11

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 06:38 PM

1. What a sad motherfucker this

Bloated Tick is and I have not an ounce of sympathy for the obese parasite.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 06:52 PM

2. It would all be hilarious

if not for the countless lives left damaged in the twisted wreckage of this twisted wreck of a human being.

Not right to compare him to Napoleon, I feel, because in spite of his tyrannical behavior you can at least point to some societal advances during Napoleonís reign. Trumpís dark era was just a ceaseless encroachment of barbarism upon civilization and itís going to take us decades to cut it back.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 06:57 PM

3. A madman roaming the halls.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 07:10 PM

4. Amazing how they all have followed him down there

As stated in the article many donít really have anywhere to go but the money is flowing you just have to sell for it.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 07:30 PM

5. It really is true.

The bride at every wedding, corpse at every funeral.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 07:34 PM

6. Ugh!

He is beyond pathetic at this point. What a sick, self-centered, loathsome POS he is. How much lower can it get than crashing other people's memorial services? Just for attention, no doubt.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 07:47 PM

7. I usually say something about him stroking out but only his eyes and feeble brain watched ivanka

hatefully changing his shitty diapers while gold digging step mommy filed her nails

now I just wish he would expire

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 08:05 PM

8. From Twitter:

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 08:11 PM

9. He would be beyond pathetic if he wasn't so godsdamned dangerous to the country...

Charlie Pierce has always called him El Caudillo Del Mar A Lago.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 08:24 PM

10. I guess anyone willing to have their event at Merde Lago is probably ok with it but

If that leaking sack of diarrhea crashed a memorial for anyone I cared about and started talking about himself and scamming free food and making it all about him, I'd want to [REDACTED]

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 08:47 PM

11. The former guy is losing it and is craving attention

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread