HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The end of the Trump pres...

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 03:51 PM

The end of the Trump presidency brought the US one of its biggest spikes in global approval ratings

The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in Americaís international image. Throughout Donald Trumpís presidency, publics around the world held the United States in low regard, with most opposed to his foreign policies. This was especially true among key American allies and partners. Now, a new Pew Research Center survey of 16 publics finds a significant uptick in ratings for the U.S., with strong support for Biden and several of his major policy initiatives.

In each of the 16 publics surveyed, more than six-in-ten say they have confidence in Biden to do the right thing in world affairs. Looking at 12 nations surveyed both this year and in 2020, a median of 75% express confidence in Biden, compared with 17% for Trump last year.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/06/10/americas-image-abroad-rebounds-with-transition-from-trump-to-biden/

5 replies, 415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply The end of the Trump presidency brought the US one of its biggest spikes in global approval ratings (Original post)
DemocratSinceBirth Thursday OP
PortTack Thursday #1
Johonny Thursday #2
underpants Thursday #4
soothsayer Thursday #3
global1 Thursday #5

Response to DemocratSinceBirth (Original post)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 03:52 PM

1. Bite it frump and company!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 03:55 PM

2. Trump is an unlikable slug of a human being

that he formed a cult of personality, says something about those that worship him.

Reply to this post

Response to Johonny (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 04:11 PM

4. Yes those COVID briefings were disastrous

A lot of people watched and we got a good insight into him and it wasnít pretty. Petty, camera hogging, demeaning, no empathy or caring, jibberish nonsense and THEN the Lafayette Park-Bible stunt. I think that spring/summer did more damage to him than most experts think.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 04:04 PM

3. I knew this would happen. 100% chance. Pundits saying "oh the us rep is so damaged"

...made me laugh.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 04:18 PM

5. What Concerns Me Are The Upcoming Midterms & 2024 Election.....

Biden might be restoring confidence in the U.S. - but if the Congress or WH changes hands again - everything that Biden accomplished will be undone again.

How can any of our allies trust us - if they know that we've been playing switchy with our elections?

2022 & 2024 are very critical elections. We must hold down the fort and we must increase our presence in both the House and the Senate - if we want to continue confidence building amongst our allies.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread