HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wisconsin pharmacist who ...

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:08 PM

Wisconsin pharmacist who destroyed 500 doses of vaccine gets three years in the federal pen

https://www.wisn.com/article/covid-19-pharmacist-sentenced-to-federal-prison-for-tampering-with-vaccine/36661014

Steven Brandenburg, 46, was also given three years federal probation after release, and ordered to pay $84,000 in restitution to the hospital he worked at.

Prosecutors recommended 51 months. Max sentence was 20 years and a $500,000 fine.

In addition to being antivax (at one time, he evaded getting a mandatory flu shot by affixing a label from a bottle of flu vaccine to a syringe of saline solution), he liked to bring guns to work in a rolling briefcase, believes the world is flat and thinks he's a prophet.

8 replies, 445 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wisconsin pharmacist who destroyed 500 doses of vaccine gets three years in the federal pen (Original post)
jmowreader Jun 8 OP
Hekate Jun 8 #1
JohnSJ Jun 8 #3
Chainfire Jun 8 #2
ProfessorGAC Jun 8 #4
Chainfire Jun 8 #6
ProfessorGAC Jun 8 #8
greenjar_01 Jun 8 #5
Chainfire Jun 8 #7

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:12 PM

1. He sounds like a charmer, & a complete nutball. He'll need a new career when he gets out...

In addition to being antivax (at one time, he evaded getting a mandatory flu shot by affixing a label from a bottle of flu vaccine to a syringe of saline solution), he liked to bring guns to work in a rolling briefcase, believes the world is flat and thinks he's a prophet.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hekate (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:16 PM

3. He will learn a skill in prison I'm sure

Reply to this post

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:14 PM

2. But, other than that? ;)

It sounds like a fair sentence. The poor old boy will be banned from firearms from now own. It breaks my heart....

Reply to this post

Response to Chainfire (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:16 PM

4. I'm Thinking His Rx Gig Is Over For Good Too

Good. As a pharmacist, he was a public health danger.

Reply to this post

Response to ProfessorGAC (Reply #4)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:25 PM

6. A felony conviction does not look good on any resume. His next job may be carrying hods.

He is done as any kind of professional. I wouldn't let him within three locked doors from controlled substances.

Reply to this post

Response to Chainfire (Reply #6)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 07:03 PM

8. At Pharmacies Around Here...

...narcotic meds are in a time locked safe. Only opens for 5 minutes every 2 hours.
I wouldn't let this guy own a watch!

Reply to this post

Response to Chainfire (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:20 PM

5. Not necessarily

Even a federal felony is not an automatic gun ban. There are a number of factors and conditions. It's a real shitshow.

Reply to this post

Response to greenjar_01 (Reply #5)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 06:48 PM

7. His was a Federal crime, I don't believe that he will ever again legally own or use a firearm.

State vs. Federal Gun Restoration Laws

Under federal law, convicted felons lose their firearm rights, which is a decision that stemmed from a law developed in 1934. At that time, the federal government mandated that no person convicted of a felony involving violence would be able to have his or her firearm rights restored. Since the Gun Control Act was passed in 1968, anyone convicted of a felony whether or not it involved violence loses his or her firearm rights.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread