HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » From Reuters: Social medi...

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 07:06 AM

From Reuters: Social media, news websites hit by major internet outage

This is the first news item I've seen today concerning the problems I've had connecting to The BBC and The Guardian this morning. (These sites are now accessible.)

From article: "Multiple outages hit social media, government and news websites across the globe on Tuesday morning, with some reports pointing to a glitch at U.S.-based cloud computing services provider Fastly.

snip

Fastly said it was investigating "the potential impact to performance with our CDN services," according to its website.

Most of Fastly's coverage areas were facing "Degraded Performance", the website showed."

more at link:

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/finiancial-times-new-york-times-bloomberg-news-websites-down-2021-06-08/

My first thought was that hackers were at work.

1 replies, 504 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply From Reuters: Social media, news websites hit by major internet outage (Original post)
abqtommy Jun 8 OP
honest.abe Jun 8 #1

Response to abqtommy (Original post)

Tue Jun 8, 2021, 07:46 AM

1. Fastly's business model is website performance.

"The company, which went public in 2019, helps websites move content using less-congested routes, enabling them to reach consumers faster."

Oops.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread