HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pentagon chief slams Ted ...

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 03:12 PM

Pentagon chief slams Ted Cruz for claim that 'woke' policies are turning Army into 'pansies'

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin slammed Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday for accusing the Army of projecting an image of “pansies” because of its inclusive recruiting policies, asserting that the Texas Republican’s rhetoric only emboldens adversaries. “I think we’re doing a great job in terms of recruiting the right kinds of people, providing access to people from every corner, every walk of life in this country,” Austin told CNN, insisting that diversity “must be a part of who we are.”

The uproar began with a viral video that contrasts the Army ad “This is the story of a soldier who operates your nation’s Patriot Missile Defense Systems,” she says in the partly animated video. “It begins in California with a little girl raised by two moms.” Young Emma is seen playing violin and marching for gay rights — “I like to think I’ve been defending freedom from an early age.” A top high school student and a sorority girl, “I needed my own adventures, my own challenge. And after meeting with an Army recruiter, I found it — a way to prove my inner strength and maybe shatter some stereotypes along the way.”

Earlier in May, Cruz complained that “woke” policies have undermined military readiness, amplifying conservative complaints about a recruiting ad that featured a female soldier raised by two moms.

“Holy crap,” Cruz wrote in a tweet. “We have the greatest military on earth, but Dem politicians and woke media are trying to turn them into pansies”.
“Pansy” has long been a slur for gay, and Cruz has used it repeatedly in recent weeks.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2021/05/31/pentagon-chief-slams-ted-cruz-for-abetting-russia-china-with-claim-that-woke-policies-are-turning-army-into-pansies/

8 replies, 552 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pentagon chief slams Ted Cruz for claim that 'woke' policies are turning Army into 'pansies' (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Jun 1 OP
panader0 Jun 1 #1
ProfessorGAC Jun 1 #6
Skittles Jun 1 #8
Probatim Jun 1 #2
LiberatedUSA Jun 1 #4
Probatim Jun 1 #5
Justice matters. Jun 1 #3
tanyev Jun 1 #7

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 03:18 PM

1. My son just got his Green Beret three weeks ago.

I'd like to see Cruz call him a pansy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to panader0 (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 04:54 PM

6. It Wouldn't Take A Green Beret

He wouldn't last 15 seconds against me.
And, I'm a guy in his 60s with a ponytail!
Let's just say I can assure you he wouldn't be signing autographs for a while!

Reply to this post

Response to panader0 (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 05:53 PM

8. with all due respect, panader0

I'm pretty sure I could kick Cruz ass; yes INDEED

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 03:21 PM

2. I have such a visceral reaction to that "man's" face.

Part of me wants to punch him just to see what noise comes out of his face hole.

The other part of me just wants to punch him.

Reply to this post

Response to Probatim (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 03:33 PM

4. The prison time and civil suit wouldn't be worth it.

Not for any of them. Not for a trumpet either. Remember, even if they say it to your face, the law won’t give you an exemption for their words.

I remember seeing a select few blown up instances of people wearing Trump hats getting their hats stolen from them and or pushed around (replayed over and over to give the impression it was a trend). I was thinking, that is not the way to do it; what if they pull out a gun and shoot the hat grabber and claim self defense? I am surprised a tried and true psycho Trumper didn’t pick up on that, strap a gun on, walk down to a crowded area with the stupid red hat on and wait for an assault over their politics to happen. Premeditated as hell, but the result would be the same.

We will beat these people at the ballot box, not physically.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberatedUSA (Reply #4)

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 04:01 PM

5. There's a difference between typing something like that and actually doing it.

I'll maintain my current course of having a desire to punch him (even though I will never be any where near him and know it's unlawful to do so), calling out dumbasses like him whenever I run into them in public, and campaigning against them at every opportunity.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 03:31 PM

3. What a disgusting POS

Take a flight to Cancun, cRui$e, and never come back.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 1, 2021, 05:49 PM

7. Senator who abandoned his state in a weather crisis might want to just STFU.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread