HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's biggest lie. "It ...

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:06 PM

Trump's biggest lie. "It is all a hoax"..If Trump knew, , he should have said nothing

Last edited Sun May 9, 2021, 12:00 AM - Edit history (1)

Original Post has been corrected.

...But no, he defended that lie forever.. If Trump "knew" and others have said he knew...see posts further down-(posts 3,4, & 5) , he might not have defended that lie. If somehow Trump had "apologized" for that mistake, and a month or so later warned us all, over and over, about how dangerous the virus was/is,then tens of thousands of lives could have been saved. But Trump doesn't do that and only cares about himself..

And that is who is and will always be. Trump has not seen the end, there is a whole lot left in this show. Michael Cohen has seen much of the show and he said that Trump only cares about himself. And Trump will go down in flames just like the Chicago Fire in October 1871..and Trump & his gang haven't got a clue..

11 replies, 1126 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's biggest lie. "It is all a hoax"..If Trump knew, , he should have said nothing (Original post)
Stuart G May 8 OP
Claustrum May 8 #1
TDale313 May 8 #2
Hoyt May 8 #3
sheshe2 May 8 #4
Stuart G May 8 #5
sheshe2 May 8 #7
TheRealNorth May 8 #8
sheshe2 May 8 #10
yonder May 8 #9
sheshe2 May 8 #11
HariSeldon May 8 #6

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:13 PM

1. I honestly think Trump knew the facts. He admitted as much in the Woodward interview.

He just thought it is better for him (in the PR sense) to minimize the impact of COVID. And he thought it would be contained somehow. And once he chose the ignore COVID stance, his ego couldn't let him change course. Also, he enjoyed that the republicans so eagerly followed every word that he said. He liked the power he has over the republican (and still do).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:13 PM

2. Well, as with everything else, it's all about him.

He denied the seriousness not cause he believed it wasn’t real… he denied Covid was dangerous cause he was terrified it would hurt his poll numbers.

Reply to this post

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:16 PM

3. Agree completely. Very early on, when nothing was known, downplaying

it a bit might have made some sense. But, quickly that “hoax” BS needed to stop.

CV19 really was his Waterloo. If he did a half-assed job, he might still be Prez. Guess ridding ourselves of trump was one of few CV19 positives.

Reply to this post

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:19 PM

4. He knew!

Trump Admits Downplaying the Virus Knowing It Was ‘Deadly Stuff’

President Trump acknowledged to the journalist Bob Woodward that he knowingly played down the coronavirus earlier this year even though he was aware it was life-threatening and vastly more serious than the seasonal flu.

“This is deadly stuff,” Mr. Trump said on Feb. 7 in one of 18 interviews with Mr. Woodward for his coming book, “Rage.”

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,”the president told Mr. Woodward in audio recordings made available on The Washington Post website. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”

But three days after those remarks, Mr. Trump told the Fox Business anchor Trish Regan: “We’re in very good shape. We have 11 cases. And most of them are getting better very rapidly. I think they will all be better.” A little less than two weeks later, he told reporters on the South Lawn that “we have it very much under control in this country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/politics/woodward-trump-book-virus.html

He lied and we are close to a million dead.

Reply to this post

Response to sheshe2 (Reply #4)

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:25 PM

5. I was wrong, Trump knew, but he did not tell the U.S.A. That is much worse...Sorry for mistake

I was wrong in original post...Yes I was wrong .

..I have made changes, sorry...........

Trump knew and didn't warn the country. That was his job, to protect the country from disaster if
possible, and that was possible.. He failed to do his job, and he will be remembered for it.

Reply to this post

Response to Stuart G (Reply #5)

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:32 PM

7. He failed and nearly a million dead.

A nation mourning. We are forever changed because of him. We lost love ones, we lost our most important connection with friends and family, that is touching and holding those you love.

Reply to this post

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:32 PM

8. Yup

I think it was initially about not panicking the markets because he wanted to use the economy for his re-election bid. But the problem is he pretty much did jack shit to stop it and it all went downhill from there.

Reply to this post

Response to TheRealNorth (Reply #8)

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:48 PM

10. I agree in part, TRN.

However he was not about protecting us or our pockets. He was in self protect mode to save himself. He never gave a shit about Americans. And then decided along with Jared how to make a profit. He stole our needed PPE and sold it to the highest bidders.

This is a sketch, yet HIS WORDS! He lied.

Reply to this post

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:38 PM

9. "....close to zero." - the former guy, 2-26-20

Reply to this post

Response to yonder (Reply #9)

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:50 PM

11. Yup.

Reply to this post

Sat May 8, 2021, 11:30 PM

6. It's a classic gaslighting ploy

He was the President (much as it galls me to say it) and he was/is from their party. They didn't want the black eye of calling him out as an incompetent and a liar -- they had allowed him to be their candidate and voted for him, after all -- and so when he lied, they had to support the lie or maybe face each and every questionable thing they'd done to support him. With every lie he told, they had to support him in it or face their own accumulated malfeasance, thus adding even more to their own tally and becoming ever more chained to him.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread