HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Slaves loved their maste...

Mon May 3, 2021, 09:44 PM

'Slaves loved their masters': GOP women's club president defends lawmaker's pro-slavery comments

The president of the Woman's Republican Club of New Orleans this week defended a lawmaker from her party who believes that schools should teach the "good" of slavery.

In a post to Facebook on Sunday, Martha Huckabay -- a former delegate for Donald Trump -- lashed out at a CNN segment which criticized Louisiana state Rep. Ray Garofalo (R-LA), who said that children should learn "about everything dealing with slavery, the good, the bad, the ugly."

"... 'none of us were around when slavery occurred,'" Huckabay wrote. "Slavery goes all they way back to biblical times, and if you've read your Bible, you would know that many of the slaves loved their masters, and their masters loved them, and took very good care of them, and their families."

Huckabay went on to suggest "that some slaves never wanted to leave theIr plantation because it had become their home."
"We need to STOP allowing liberals ... that have been indoctrinated through marxisum [sic] run our House and Senate," she added. "These people do not see threw [sic] clear lenses. Their views are scued [sic] and very one sided. Slavery has been around since before Jesus Christ came to take away the sins of the world. Today's 'slavery' topic is a leftist trap! It is neither true nor based on real facts."

https://www.rawstory.com/martha-huckabay-slavery/

10 replies, 752 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Mon May 3, 2021, 09:48 PM

1. And these are the same people who love

the “Live Free or Die” meme.
I guess they just assume everyone knows they are really only talking about white middle class folks.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon May 3, 2021, 09:49 PM

2. "None of us were around" when slavery occurred

You know something, CrazyEyes? You're right. I don't know anyone who has gone face first into a pile of fresh manure, either. I think it would be bad, but you might have a different experience. Why don't you do a face plant into a big pile of bullshit, and report back to us?

Reply to this post

Mon May 3, 2021, 09:57 PM

3. Then why did the Israelites go to so much effort to leave Egypt?

Reply to this post

Response to tanyev (Reply #3)

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:03 PM

6. Well Pharoah just loved them but they were ungrateful wretches, right? nt

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #6)

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:05 PM

7. He Gave Them Free Straw to Make his Bricks--and they Still Bitched

Reply to this post

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:00 PM

4. "Jesus had 12 slaves working for him who loved their master. So there!"

Reply to this post

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:02 PM

5. I may vomit at that smug, self-satisfied, ignorant face.

Reply to this post

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:12 PM

8. The good parts? Were there good parts to the holocaust?

Jews had all processions taken from them, all freedom removed, they were forced to work in the concentration camps, they were separated from their families, treated worse than their horses. Killed if trying to escape, killed if not cooperative, there was no educating the children, they had to work too, Just as slaves were treated. From what source do these people get their information?
Iron chains and other restraints were put on the slaves, laws were passed that a run away slave in a free state had to be returned to his owner if found. There was no penalty for killing your own slave. Why were these things even needed if life as a slave was so grand?

Reply to this post

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:16 PM

9. Tell us more, Mrs. Trumplicker!

Reply to this post

Mon May 3, 2021, 10:18 PM

10. i'm a nice guy. maybe she'd like to be my slave.

i'll take good care of her. and she'll never want to leave, right?

these are the same people that tell us a little piece of cloth over the face is an infringement on their "freedom". you can't make up this level of stupidity.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread