HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Gaetz Fundraises Off Of A...

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 08:28 PM

Gaetz Fundraises Off Of Alleged Sex Trafficking Investigation

Tweet text:Molly Jong-Fast🏡
@MollyJongFast
This seems gross even for him

Gaetz Fundraises Off Of Alleged Sex Trafficking Investigation
talkingpointsmemo.com
1:23 PM · Apr 6, 2021

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/matt-gaetz-fundraising-sex-trafficking-investigation

As the Gaetz scandal unfurls, the congressman has kept himself squarely in the spotlight.

The congressman, who is reportedly being investigated for the possible sex trafficking of a minor, has happily given interviews and on-the-record quotes, penned op-eds and furiously retweeted supportive articles and takes from rightwing outlets.

On Tuesday, he took that baffling PR strategy a step further as he sent out a fundraising blast to his supporters bemoaning the “smear campaign.”

“The far-left New York Times has been publishing salacious allegations against me in an attempt to end my career fighting for the forgotten men and women of this country,” the email read. “It is a shame that the Left tries to drag my dating life into their political attacks, but it’s no surprise – when your ideas suck, you have to stoop this low.”

A big red button invites you to “CLICK HERE TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE FAKE NEWS,” which redirects to a donation page on Gaetz’s campaign website.

*snip*

4 replies, 762 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gaetz Fundraises Off Of Alleged Sex Trafficking Investigation (Original post)
Nevilledog Tuesday OP
Celerity Tuesday #1
Frustratedlady Tuesday #2
Bev54 Tuesday #3
crickets Tuesday #4

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 08:30 PM

1. QMAGAT rubes will lap it up like mothers milk and send him a shedload of dosh

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 08:41 PM

2. Sounds like Daddy shut off the spigot on money.

Didn't daddy commit fraud on Medicare or some such? Sounds like son fell pretty close to the tree and comes by his crimes honestly.

Is the wedding still on? Is there really a wedding or is that a lie, too?

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 08:49 PM

3. POS

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 10:32 PM

4. Straight out of Needy Amin's playbook. Ugh. 🤦‍♀️

Reply to this post