HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Newsom says California wi...

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 04:22 PM

Newsom says California will fully reopen on June 15 -- if certain conditions are met

This is awesome news!! Can't wait! Masks will still be required, but that's OK for now.

Newsom says California will fully reopen on June 15 ó if certain conditions are met

With coronavirus cases continuing to decline in California as vaccinations increase, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday that the stateís economy could fully open up again as early as June 15.

The full reopening is contingent on two criteria: that Californiaís COVID-19 vaccine supply is sufficient for all adults who wish to receive the shot; and that hospitalization rates remain stable and low.

If those two conditions are met, in two months the state ó as a whole ó will be able to move into a new phase beyond the state four-tiered, color-coded system thatís been guiding reopenings for more than six months.

ďWe are seeing bright light at the end of the the tunnel and on June 15, all things being equal we Ö will have moved beyond that blueprint and will be opening this economy and business as usual,Ē Newsom said at a late morning news conference.

https://ktla.com/news/california/newsom-set-to-make-major-announcement-at-covid-19-news-conference/

10 replies, 504 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to beaglelover (Original post)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 04:26 PM

1. What's that, 70 days?

I hope heís got his health people giving him the info on this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to underpants (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 04:33 PM

2. Newsom is extremely bright, pro-science, and a Democrat. What do you think?

That said, the pandemic is not in the rearview mirror.

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 04:52 PM

3. It sure isn't.

The variants showing up in this country are really worrisome.

I trust the governor is fully aware of that.

Reply to this post

Response to notinkansas (Reply #3)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 04:58 PM

4. As I said...

He is.

That said, this is a big (40 million) and politically diverse state. We have our share of morons here, too, and some of them hold political office.

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 05:01 PM

5. Well, he may be extremely bright, but he married Kimberly Gilfoyle. Stayed married for five years.

And that trip to the French Laundry was a bit ill-advised.

Reply to this post

Response to Treefrog (Reply #5)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 05:20 PM

7. Kimmie has been in the rearview mirror so many years she is invisible. He remarried & has kids...

Good lord. Really?

As for the French Laundry, yes that was dumb, and it was not entrapment the way Nancy Pelosiís cutínícolor was.

As a Californian, I think heís been doing as well as can be expected ó and of course the GQP is trying to recall him and replace him with one of their own.

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #7)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 05:22 PM

8. Sorry, I find her so vile that I just can't see it.

Some men fall for looks, but I donít even see that with her. Sheís grotesque.

Reply to this post

Response to Treefrog (Reply #8)

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 05:27 PM

9. Once upon a time she was young and smart and well educated. I'm not a San Franciscan...

...so at a distance of 400 miles or so I never even knew she existed until she took up with the Trumps. I donít know why they divorced and I donít care ó and you probably donít want to know about about my first marriage either.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 05:14 PM

6. I wasn't thrilled with DeWine's "lift all restrictions" scheme -

but it now seems brilliant.

All restrictions will be lifted when the state, on average, has 50 new cases/100,000 individuals for 2 weeks.

We're now at 167.1 (and rising). Not much chance we're going to reach 50/100,000 for quite a while. So he set a target that is probably higher than I'm comfortable with - BUT - it is now completely in the hands of the idiots who continue to demonstrate they are not responsible enough to open up yet.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 6, 2021, 06:45 PM

10. The recall election coming up probably had lots to do

with this decision, people here are getting really tired of lock up.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread