HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wife of the leader of Oaf...

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:01 PM

Wife of the leader of Oaf Creepers is asking for $30,000 in donations to help her divorce

The estranged wife of the leader of the far-right extremist group the Oath Keepers has launched a GoFund Me page to help pay for her divorce, BuzzFeed reported this week.

Tasha Adams, 48, is asking for $30,000 in donations to pay off overdue legal bills and hire a new attorney to complete her divorce from Stewart Rhodes, which has been pending for more than three years.

"It's certainly not easy to find a lawyer willing to go head to head against a person who is not only a graduate of Yale Law but also commands their own private army, as well as having access to a team of equally infamous attorneys surrounding him," Adams wrote on the GoFundMe. "Nonetheless, I am confident that somewhere out there is an advocate willing to be my huckleberry."

Adams also said that she had been dropped as a client from her former law firm because she couldn't pay them. She said she had felt encouraged to ask for the funds after Rhodes and his group were thrust into the national spotlight following the deadly Capitol riots.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wife-leader-oath-keepers-asking-105550909.html

7 replies, 675 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wife of the leader of Oaf Creepers is asking for $30,000 in donations to help her divorce (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Apr 3 OP
Aristus Apr 3 #1
Hotler Apr 3 #2
KS Toronado Apr 3 #3
Jirel Apr 3 #4
SWBTATTReg Apr 3 #5
dalton99a Apr 3 #6
taxi Apr 3 #7

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:02 PM

1. Sorry, honey.

You married the guy. Get out of it on your own dime...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:04 PM

2. I have a couple of leather belts you could fashion in to bootstraps if that helps. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:12 PM

3. Another reQublican begging for money, sorry I only donate to Democratic causes.

You should have saved some of the money from your Qrump tax break.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:18 PM

4. Nope.

You married a psycho, which strongly suggests you’re a psycho. Good luck.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:19 PM

5. NO! You got yourself into this mess all by yourself, get yourself out. There a lot of other

people far more deserving of that $30K in donations than the likes of you. You creep, go away.

Most of us that go through a divorce pay our own way ... and not ask utter strangers for donations. So much for welfare babies and such, eh? Hypocrite...

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:22 PM

6. Need more guns. Please send $30,000 ASAP

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 3, 2021, 01:38 PM

7. Infamous lawyers! You can't make this stuff up.

Well maybe you can. From the film Cat Ballou -

Cat Ballou: They're trying to drive him off his ranch! They put manure in his well, they made him talk to lawyers

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread