HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Colorado grocery store ma...

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 03:02 PM

Colorado grocery store massacre fuels demands for gun reform

By Associated Press -March 29, 2021 1:10 PM

'The real goal in all of this is to show people there is something you can do. You're not entirely powerless,' community activist Caden McGhie said.

For the second time in less than a week, a 21-year-old man used a gun purchased legally in the United States to massacre people simply working or visiting a business. The mass shootings in Colorado and Georgia are giving new urgency to state efforts to enact gun restrictions, even while showing how hard it can be to prevent a tragedy.

A gunman opened fire Monday at a grocery store in Boulder, Colorado, with a weapon that resembles an AR-15 rifle, killing 10 people before he was captured. He bought the Ruger AR-556 pistol on March 16, the same day another 21-year-old man on the other side of the country killed eight people, six of them women of Asian descent, at Atlanta-area massage businesses.

President Joe Biden called for action on gun reform after the two mass shootings, and U.S. Rep. Joe Neguse, who represents Boulder, asked Biden to ban imported semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines. But legislation in Congress faces an uphill climb, and it's been more than two decades since any major federal gun control laws have passed.

https://americanindependent.com/colorado-grocery-store-king-sooper-mass-shooting-gun-reform/

Kopel, stated that : " every tragedy is different"...........

Really, it took a gun and a bullet and got the same result...........how is every tragedy different ............

3 replies, 348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Colorado grocery store massacre fuels demands for gun reform (Original post)
turbinetree Mar 2021 OP
SoCalDavidS Mar 2021 #1
turbinetree Mar 2021 #2
davsand Mar 2021 #3

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 03:31 PM

1. This Headline Could Have Been Written 22 Years Ago

What is gun reform? It's a fantasy given the country we live in.

6 Dead in GA, 10 Dead in CO, this too shall pass. On to the next.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SoCalDavidS (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 03:35 PM

2. Yepper spot on................

Reply to this post

Response to SoCalDavidS (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:02 PM

3. Sandy Hook was little kids killed at school by an outsider. Nothing happened then either.

I don't mean to be a doom crier, but I have become increasingly convinced that gun safety means NOTHING to this country, no matter what polls might show and no matter how many tear are shed. My heart hurts at the announcement of every one of these shooting events, and I fear there is no escape from them.

I hope to be wrong. I hope I live to see the day when a trip to the grocery store, or to school isn't an unsafe activity.

Laura

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread