HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Streaking light was Falco...

Fri Mar 26, 2021, 11:56 AM

Streaking light was Falcon rocket debris, visable over PNW

This was the talk all over social media last night in the PNW. Totally missed it! I let the dog out maybe 5-10 min. after it happened. Would’ve been quite the sight!

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/oregon-washington-flashing-light-sky/283-f7121cb7-bb3b-4810-a21d-a2c2f4862bf7

PORTLAND, Ore. — People across the Pacific Northwest watched in astonishment Thursday as a fiery ball of light streaked across the night sky.
While many speculated they were seeing a meteor, astronomer Jonathan McDowell at the Center for Astrophysics said the streaking light actually came from the Falcon 9 rocket launched by SpaceX on March 4.

3 replies, 425 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Streaking light was Falcon rocket debris, visable over PNW (Original post)
oregonjen Mar 26 OP
cilla4progress Mar 26 #1
Eyeball_Kid Mar 26 #2
CentralMass Mar 26 #3

Response to oregonjen (Original post)

Fri Mar 26, 2021, 12:01 PM

1. Space litter.

Beautiful though.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Mar 26, 2021, 12:01 PM

2. I saw it.

It was a steady bright light that moved smoothly toward the east. No trail, no big show.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 26, 2021, 12:54 PM

3. I probably just missed it. I had gotten back from a trip to Fred Myers just before the sighting.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread