HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Prepared for Violence': ...

Tue Mar 9, 2021, 08:46 PM

'Prepared for Violence': Prosecutors Are Closing in on Oaf Creepers Leader

At least one day before thousands of MAGA supporters stormed the U.S Capitol, Oaf Creeper founder Stewart Rhodes warned his followers to be “prepared for violence.”

“Highly recommend a C or D cell flashlight if you have one,” Rhodes allegedly told members of the far-right paramilitary group in an encrypted group chat, referring to heavy flashlights that can be swung like clubs. “Collapsible Batons are a grey area in the law. I bring one. But I’m willing to take that risk because I love em.”

The next day, moments after former President Donald Trump encouraged his supporters to “fight like hell,” Rhodes wrote to the group: “All I see Trump doing is complaining. I see no intent by him to do anything. So the patriots are taking it into their own hands. They’ve had enough.”

Then, during the height of the insurrection—which forced dozens of elected leaders into hiding and ultimately killed five people—Rhodes directed his Oath Keepers to “come to the South Side of the Capitol on steps.” Minutes later, Oath Keepers had breached the building.

-more-

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prepared-for-violence-prosecutors-are-closing-in-on-oath-keepers-leader/ar-BB1eq6Ea?li=BBnb7Kz

2 replies, 788 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Prepared for Violence': Prosecutors Are Closing in on Oaf Creepers Leader (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Mar 9 OP
abqtommy Mar 9 #1
MagickMuffin Mar 9 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Mar 9, 2021, 09:19 PM

1. "The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine."* Grind! Grind! Grind!

* This quote comes in various forms and attributions. See link and scroll down:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=quote+%22The+wheels+of+justice+grind+slowly+but+they+grind+exceedingly+fine.%22&ia=images

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Mar 9, 2021, 09:31 PM

2. The west side was the distraction by the angry mob, but the dangerous groups met elsewhere

You see the pattens in that one graphic of the scene with red dots showing locations of those various groups.

Proud boys and Oaf keepers were in this isolated areas.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread