HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Republicans Accuse Biden ...

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 01:00 AM

Republicans Accuse Biden of Trying to Score Political Points by Ending Pandemic

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—After Joe Biden announced that there would be enough vaccine for all adult Americans by the end of May, leading Republicans accused the President of trying to score political points by ending the pandemic.

Leading the charge was the House Minority Leader, Kevin McCarthy, who called Biden’s anti-pandemic measures “partisan politics at its worst.”

“So now we learn that the pandemic will be ended by a White House that is a hundred per cent controlled by Democrats,” he said. “Where’s the so-called unity, President Biden?”

Senator Ted Cruz concurred. “After vowing that there would be enough vaccine in July, Joe Biden broke his promise and is now saying May,” the Texas lawmaker said. “I think the American people will see right through this.”

Finally, Senator Ron Johnson called Biden’s actions to bring the pandemic to a close “blatant,” adding, “This is just another attempt to undo Donald Trump’s legacy.”

Short article, no more at link: https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-accuse-biden-of-trying-to-score-political-points-by-ending-pandemic

Photograph by Doug Mills / Getty

10 replies, 1602 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans Accuse Biden of Trying to Score Political Points by Ending Pandemic (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Mar 4 OP
SheltieLover Mar 4 #1
Rhiannon12866 Mar 4 #2
SergeStorms Mar 4 #3
Rhiannon12866 Mar 4 #6
radius777 Mar 4 #4
orleans Mar 4 #5
speaknow Mar 4 #7
multigraincracker Mar 4 #8
DFW Mar 4 #9
abqtommy Mar 4 #10

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 01:17 AM

1. I thought this was real!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SheltieLover (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 01:35 AM

2. This one comes really, really close!

Why else would these Republican governors be canceling mask and social distancing mandates, likely reversing any progress we've made, at the very time when we can see the light at the end of the tunnel with President Biden's announcement that all Americans can be vaccinated by May and the likely passage of the covid-relief bill??

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 02:45 AM

3. You know, Rhiannon...

I knew this was another Borowitz report the second I saw your name as the poster, but this is just crazy enough to be real. I'm sure there are republicans in Congress who actually think this way. They've already demonstrated they put no value on human life (except in a woman's womb, of course) and they'll obviously believe any hair brained conspiracy theory, as long as His Assholiness in Mar-ma-lardo believes it.
This could pass as an actual headline, and there's no doubt there are those in the QOP who feel this way. That's a sad commentary on today's partisan politics. Borowitz outdid himself this time.

Reply to this post

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 03:34 AM

6. I completely agree with you

As I said upthread, this is so very close to reality. It's become an "us vs. them" mentality and they've already shown that they're no longer trying to hide it - curtailing voting rights because that will give them a better chance to win elections and "opening up" states, no longer requiring masks and prohibiting mass gatherings just as Biden has put a plan in place to vaccinate the population - and in areas that are not doing well to begin with. Apparently scoring political points mean more to these monsters than American lives.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 03:18 AM

4. The funny thing is, this is exactly what they're thinking,

and that explains their mad rush to reopen states and end mask wearing - to prolong the pandemic so Biden looks bad.

McConnell and McCarthy only care about gaining power in 2022 and 2024.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 03:18 AM

5. this was really good

and probably fairly accurate on the part of those psycho congressional Qs and many republicans

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 03:47 AM

7. Poins? He don't need no F-ing points,

he's got 84 million votes.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 04:57 AM

8. I think that Borowitz is the 21 Century

Mark Twain.

Reply to this post

Response to multigraincracker (Reply #8)

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 05:00 AM

9. Or, at the very least

The 21st century Art Buchwald

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 08:21 AM

10. It's good to see The New Yorker Humor at work. At first I wondered if this op was from them

or The Onion. Neither group ever disappoints me.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread