HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Biden: "This country will...

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:47 PM

Biden: "This country will have enough vaccine supply for every adult in America by the end of May"

Tweet text:
Eric Feigl-Ding
@DrEricDing
BREAKING—Joe Biden: “This country will have enough vaccine supply for every adult in America by the end of May.”

That is a timeline acceleration!

That means US could soon start donating vaccines this summer to other countries.
#COVID19Vaccine #COVID19

13 replies, 1121 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden: "This country will have enough vaccine supply for every adult in America by the end of May" (Original post)
Nevilledog Mar 2021 OP
SheltieLover Mar 2021 #1
Botany Mar 2021 #2
Aristus Mar 2021 #3
Nevilledog Mar 2021 #6
GregariousGroundhog Mar 2021 #7
MissB Mar 2021 #4
tritsofme Mar 2021 #5
AKwannabe Mar 2021 #8
Tommymac Mar 2021 #9
AncientOfDays Mar 2021 #10
Initech Mar 2021 #11
obamanut2012 Mar 2021 #12
C Moon Mar 2021 #13

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:49 PM

1. Yaaaaaay!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:49 PM

2. Grown ups are back

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:54 PM

3. Thank God we're not getting: "I got everyone in the country vaccine; beautiful vaccine, lots of it,

more than anyone ever thought possible, even for Democrats who hate me! I've had men, strong men, come to me with tears in their eyes and say: 'Sir, thank you for getting us vaccine!' So everyone needs to be grateful to me, and the deals I did to get vaccine for everyone!"

It's nice, for a change, to have a President who is all about the service to his country, and not the country's service to him...

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:59 PM

6. On Fox they're saying the credit goes to Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to Nevilledog (Reply #6)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 06:28 PM

7. I won't call that an outright lie, but it is probably a half truth.

Both Pfizer and J&J are proven companies; while J&J participated in Operation Warp Speed, Pfizer developed their vaccine independently.

On the other hand, Moderna greatly benefited from government support. I doubt they would have been able to quickly raise the hundreds of millions of dollars they spent on research and clinical trials.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:54 PM

4. I with I could rec this a dozen times

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 05:58 PM

5. An incredible feat!

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 11:01 AM

8. Now THAT is leadership!

And my President!

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 12:13 PM

9. Great News but we need fix the Distributiom Maze so Poor folks get it as fast as the priviledged

Here in PA it is a fucking cluster fuck.

Distribution seems entirely done by Corps such as Giant Eagle and Rite Aid. Their websites are awful.

The Healthcare providers systems and sites are horrid.

Don't even think about calling by phone.

I am internet savvy and have a cell phone, and I am finding it almost impossible to even find a location to schedule something.

Now my sister in law 'found' a 'special' phone number that was sent to 'richer' clients via email and was able to get my mother-in-law scheduled immediately, even though she could get nothing at the same hospital using their 'public' website.

And we are a 'Blue' State.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 01:23 PM

10. Remember

On Monday, The New York Times reported the Trump administration passed on the opportunity to acquire additional doses of the COVID-19 vaccine frontrunner beyond the 100 million doses the government purchased in July's $1.95 billion deal.

https://www.biospace.com/article/u-s-government-passes-on-opportunity-to-buy-more-pfizer-vaccine-doses/

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 05:52 PM

11. It's nice to have competent adults back in charge isn't it?

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 3, 2021, 06:04 PM

12. Having enough and actually being able to be vaccinated are two different things

Those of us in FL won't be vaxxed for months and months. I was told today I'll be lucky to be vaccinated by August or September. Private pharmacies only have so much they can do, and that's all that's doing it here, and who will be doing it.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 4, 2021, 02:19 AM

13. It's crazy how the Republicans are upset that less people are going to die of COVID in coming months

So much so, that two dumb-fuck governors decided to say masks are no longer needed.
Why? Because they don't give a flying crap about the U.S., they only care about the GOP and those who give them money.

Look at how little Trump did? He could have done what Biden is doing, but decided, instead to not care. Why? Because he couldn't figure out what was in it for him.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread