HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP senators slam $15 min...

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:11 PM

GOP senators slam $15 minimum wage in op-ed full of lies

By Donna Provencher -March 1, 2021 4:39 PM

They claim that $10 an hour is a livable wage. It's not.

Sens. Mitt Romney (R-UT) and Tom Cotton (R-AR) slammed Democratic efforts to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour on Monday in a Fox News op-ed full of falsehoods.

Romney and Cotton are slamming Democratic efforts to raise the minimum wage as "destructive," while promoting their own bill — one which ultimately hurts low-income workers, undocumented immigrants, and those with disabilities.

In it, the Republican senators argued in defense of their proposal, which would only raise the minimum wage to $10 an hour, presented last week to counter Democratic efforts.

Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.

https://americanindependent.com/gop-senators-mitt-romney-tom-cotton-op-ed-15-minimum-wage-lies-fact-check/

Hey Romney your still a fucking POS, remember what you did in your former Bain life.........you were fucking workers........and as for cottonball, he's still a traitor.............

12 replies, 461 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:13 PM

1. I would love to see Romney live on $10 an hour.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ohiogal (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:23 PM

2. +100 Romney proved to me that he truly is scum and that was years ago. He hasn't

changed.

Reply to this post

Response to abqtommy (Reply #2)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:45 PM

3. Yes.

Remember his remark back in 2012 “if you need money to start your own business, just borrow it from your parents”?

Or, the famous “47%” remark.

He is totally tone deaf typical Republican

Reply to this post

Response to Ohiogal (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 08:46 PM

11. How about $7.35

$10 is a luxury.

No standard is too low for republicans. I can't freaking believe the US does not have a ton more democratic voters. We DO, the republicans voter suppression tactics work!!!

Reply to this post

Response to RANDYWILDMAN (Reply #11)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 08:54 PM

12. You said it, Randy!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:54 PM

4. I love how

they use all the same arguments any time there is talk of raising the minimum wage. Yet, none of their made up bullshit ever comes to pass. In my opinion, we should actually have a minimum wage of at least $25 per hour for any company who has a multimillionaire CEO. They can pay that rate by cutting CEO, COO, CMO, etc pay down to a wage that isn't disgustingly obscene.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:57 PM

5. So, Romney wants to pay people for children, but doesn't want to guarantee working people

a decent living. He's not entirely evil, but he's sure fucked up.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 07:59 PM

6. I work for 12 an hour

Guess what? Even that didn't do enough for me to live alone. Even with a roommate

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 08:12 PM

7. Mitt Romney, who had bruised eyes and wounds on his lips, told us: "I took a fall" ...

Mitt Romney, who had bruised eyes and wounds on his lips, told us: “I took a fall” while visiting his grandkids in Boston this weekend. He said he was knocked “unconscious but I’m doing better.” He said he was taken to the hospital and “had a lot of stitches.”

Reply to this post

Response to Donkees (Reply #7)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 08:13 PM

8. doesn't seem to have knocked any sense into his filthy rich poor-people abusing self nt

Reply to this post

Response to Donkees (Reply #7)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 08:15 PM

9. Did the 'kids' send down the private jet..........

he took one back to Utah, and he's suppose to be on a senate salary............

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2020/03/23/private-plane-home-ramen/

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 08:35 PM

10. Yet some here seem to want to broaden our Party by tacking even more to the right & attracting never

Trumper centre right Rethugs and centre right independents to make up for the loss of voters in the left quarter/third or so of the current Dem big tent, losses that will come from that further rightward lurch. I also do not think the losses would be exclusively from the left. Many non ideological, non hardcore voting types will bail out too, if enough campaign promises or legislation that appeals to them personally are broken or binned in the move to the right.

Centre right Rethugs and indies are generally not insane brainwashed MAGAts (although some are), BUT they are, by their very nature, against large, critical chunks of the core Democratic Party's platform and its programmes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread