HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Texas Gov Abbott failed T...

Sun Feb 21, 2021, 07:01 AM

Texas Gov Abbott failed Texans , not ERCOT or Democrats,

He was well aware of the 2011 power blackout storms , and the results of the investigation, but did nothing to make sure energy companies winterized their plants, resulting in massive shutdowns , and critically deceasing production. ERCOT distributes energy , and has no power to make private energy companies spend on winterizing, but Abbott and the legislators did. Instead Abbott first tried to blame renewable energy sources as the main culprit, which quickly backfired as a lie.
He now wants Texans to believe ERCOT lied claiming the energy grid was reliable, when a huge number of plants experienced problems from the extreme weather and shut down, putting ERCOT in a dangerous situation. Abbott failed to get what was needed done to protect the Texas energy grid, not ERCOT, or renewables, and he knew it and lied instead. If you've ever worked inside an energy plant, or refinery you never know for sure if instrumentation will function properly, or other outside of the plant resources will be affected. I saw on TV 185 Texas plants shut down from the storms , which no one could have predicted that, ERCOT or anyone else. Winterizing helps , but it can still happen if the weather is extreme like it has been.

1 replies, 423 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Texas Gov Abbott failed Texans , not ERCOT or Democrats, (Original post)
duforsure Feb 21 OP
tanyev Feb 21 #1

Response to duforsure (Original post)

Sun Feb 21, 2021, 10:02 AM

1. Yeah, he sure spent a lot of time angrily going after ERCOT,

but I did not hear him criticizing the companies who chose not to winterize their facilities.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread