HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'The Perseverance rover s...

Thu Feb 18, 2021, 10:20 PM

'The Perseverance rover sent back a message saying it was only accompanying its daughters to Mars':

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9275289/Twitter-goes-frenzy-Ted-Cruz-Cancun-trip-memes.html

Texas Senator Ted Cruz sparked a flurry of memes on Thursday after being caught on a trip to Cancun
He was pictured flying to Mexico despite Texas being in crisis with 500,000 still without power
Cruz was compared to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and his trip to a private beach in 2017
Senator Bernie Sanders and his famous inauguration mittens were also photoshopped in
Cruz and his suitcase were doctored into historical images such as the moon landing and Tiananmen Square
Cruz abandoned the trip on Thursday morning amid the backlash

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9275289/Twitter-goes-frenzy-Ted-Cruz-Cancun-trip-memes.html#i-52b7303a1c4411d

3 replies, 522 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'The Perseverance rover sent back a message saying it was only accompanying its daughters to Mars': (Original post)
Wash. state Desk Jet Feb 2021 OP
soothsayer Feb 2021 #1
niyad Feb 2021 #2
KY_EnviroGuy Feb 2021 #3

Response to Wash. state Desk Jet (Original post)

Thu Feb 18, 2021, 10:25 PM

1. It DID send messages to Joe and Jill and Kamala

?s=21

?s=21

?s=21

NASA's Perseverance Mars Rover
@NASAPersevere
Thank you, Mr. President. My team persevered through incredible adversity to get me here, and now Iím ready to get to work.

President Biden
@POTUS

United States government official
Congratulations to NASA and everyone whose hard work made Perseveranceís historic landing possible. Today proved once again that with the power of science and American ingenuity, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility.

@NASAPersevere
Thank you! Together we persevered.

Jill Biden
@FLOTUS

The #NASAPerseverance has officially landed on Mars! Congratulations to everyone involved. Youíve showed us today that anything is possible.

@NASAPersevere
Thank you, @VP Harris! Iíve got ambitious goals, and a long to-do list. Looking forward to many more accomplishments to come.

Vice President Kamala Harris
@VP

Congrats to @NASA and all of their partners on their successful mission. Today's historic landing embodies our nationís spirit of perseveranceóbuilding on past accomplishments and paving the way for future missions.
8:40 PM ∑ Feb 18, 2021

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 18, 2021, 11:00 PM

2. Is that Martian dust in my eyes??

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 18, 2021, 11:10 PM

3. The "daughters" pun may be referring to that little drone it's carrying under its belly....

but that's just my guess.

Now I'm suffering from normal overload from Joe, Jill and Kamala.... .......

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread