HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Former Clinton official l...

Sat Feb 13, 2021, 04:51 PM

Former Clinton official lays out roadmap for making Trump accountable for the Capitol riot.

The United States Senate is an inadequate forum to hold Donald Trump accountable, but he can still face justice, former White House press secretary Joe Lockhart argued on Saturday.]

"For everyone disappointed by the lack of witnesses, the truth is going to come out. Our justice system will get to the bottom of this and those who helped incite the insurrection will be investigated, prosecuted and convicted. And juries will pass judgement, not old R Senators," he wrote.

"For me, I'd rather have Trump in a real courtroom with a real judge and real jurors facing time in prison for what he did. Calling witnesses in the Senate would not bring justice because the Republican party is so morally bankrupt there is no justice there. See [you] in court Trump," he explained.
Tired of ads? Want to support our progressive journalism? Click to learn more.

"I understand activists being upset and disappointed with Dems decision, but reporters shouldn't be tweeting their shock and disappointment. Stick to covering the news, not making it," he argued after Democrats refused to call witnesses.

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-capitol-insurrection-2650528970/

2 replies, 694 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Former Clinton official lays out roadmap for making Trump accountable for the Capitol riot. (Original post)
Lunabell Feb 13 OP
empedocles Feb 13 #1
Wellstone ruled Feb 13 #2

Response to Lunabell (Original post)

Sat Feb 13, 2021, 04:57 PM

1. Agreed. We've known the trumpers could get enough votes to beat the Senate easy bar.

Big picture. The indictments and the courts next.

Keep on eroding trump support.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Lunabell (Original post)

Sat Feb 13, 2021, 04:57 PM

2. So friggin True!

Watching for how Moscow Mitch sticks the knife in Schummers back come Monday Morning. Every piece of Legislation just now hits the Filibuster lead by Cruz,Hawley,and Graham. The Food Fight will get ugly.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread