HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Bucs will have boat parad...

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 07:08 AM

Bucs will have boat parade in Tampa Wednesday to celebrate Super Bowl 55

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2021/02/09/bucs-will-have-boat-parade-in-tampa-wednesday-to-celebrate-super-bowl-55/?

TAMPA ó The Buccaneers will celebrate their Super Bowl 55 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on the water with a boat parade Wednesday on the Hillsborough River in Tampa.

The parade will begin at 1 p.m. near Armature Works. Fans will be able to watch along the Riverwalk, Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park, Curtis Hixon Park and other waterside spots. Those who canít attend in person can watch a live stream from the Buccaneers, city of Tampa and Hillsborough County social media accounts, said an official involved in the planning.

Unlike the Lightning celebration in September, boaters wonít be allowed to take part in the procession, which will include Mayor Jane Castor and city and county leadership, along with an unspecified number of Buccaneers players and personnel.

Bucs fans with boats can still attend the parade, however. The city is just requiring that their vessels stay 50 feet from the official boats. Those who wander too close could face criminal charges, according to the release.

Let's just hope that they put a float on the Lombardi trophy (unlike the Stanley Cup) when they jet ski around with it.

8 replies, 569 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bucs will have boat parade in Tampa Wednesday to celebrate Super Bowl 55 (Original post)
Sancho Feb 10 OP
Croney Feb 10 #1
CurtEastPoint Feb 10 #2
bullimiami Feb 10 #3
mahatmakanejeeves Feb 10 #4
bdamomma Feb 10 #5
dalton99a Feb 10 #6
Turin_C3PO Feb 10 #8
Celerity Feb 10 #7

Response to Sancho (Original post)

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 07:35 AM

1. I wonder how many Florida boats still have their loser flags drooping over the bow in shame.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Croney (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 08:08 AM

2. My VERY first thought. I'm sure we'll see tons of erect (ha!) Dump flags.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 08:11 AM

3. Another thing trump ruined.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 11:53 AM

4. The Coast Guard & partner agencies will be enforcing a safety zone in Tampa from 1:30-5p.m. for ...

#BreakingNews The Coast Guard & partner agencies will be enforcing a safety zone in Tampa from 1:30-5p.m. for the Tampa Bucks boat parade. Mariners should maintain 50ft from parade vessels while enjoying the festivities. #SuperBowlLV

The Bucks relocated from Milwaukee??!

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 11:54 AM

5. another super spread event

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 11:57 AM

6. It will be a Trump love fest.

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 12:00 PM

8. I think

Biden actually won the Tampa Bay area. Of course, the type of people who will risk going to a parade during covid are probably Trumpers so you got a point.
This is the DU member formerly known as Turin_C3PO.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 10, 2021, 11:58 AM

7. COVID Boats

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread