HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ABC News Anchor Tom Llama...

Wed Jan 27, 2021, 11:16 AM

ABC News Anchor Tom Llamas Will Jump to NBC News

Tom Llamas, the ABC News anchor who leads the unit’s weekend “World News Tonight” broadcast and is its chief national affairs correspondent, is jumping from the Disney operation to NBC News. according to a person familiar with the matter.

Llamas, who has been with the Disney-owned operation since 2014 and also anchors breaking events for the news division’s ABC News Live streaming-video service, informed executives at ABC News this week that he would leave, the person said.

Llamas enjoyed a senior role at ABC News, but it had become clear to him that his chances of being awarded a permanent chair behind the desk at “World News Tonight,” “Good Morning America” or “20/20” were not likely in the immediate future. David Muir has taken the weekday broadcast of “World News Tonight” to new viewership levels since arriving there in 2014, ,and Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos are mainstays at “GMA.” Executives at ABC News are said to be saddened by Llamas’ departure, but understand his interest in seeking new career paths.

ABC News declined to make executives available for comment.
NBC News declined to comment.
A representative for Llamas also declined to comment.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/tom-llanas-nbc-news-abc-news-tv-1234892905/

2 replies, 499 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply ABC News Anchor Tom Llamas Will Jump to NBC News (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Jan 27 OP
MineralMan Jan 27 #1
Polly Hennessey Jan 27 #2

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Wed Jan 27, 2021, 11:21 AM

1. My least favorite national new anchor.

His breathless demeanor and emphatic style just annoys the crap out of me.

I encounter him on ABC on weekend evenings, when our local CBS affiliate delays the evening news for sports events.

He grates on my nerves.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Wed Jan 27, 2021, 11:39 AM

2. Ummmm, he has a calming effect on me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread