HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Hey Chuck Schumer: 'Bout ...

Mon Jan 25, 2021, 10:59 AM

Hey Chuck Schumer: 'Bout time to haul in Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy to get to the bottom of this:

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” [Kevin] McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy’s comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.”

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

Might just be they key to a whole Pandora's Box of reasons explaining the logic-defying, anti-American fealty to Putin's agenda by the Republicans over the last 4+ years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html

2 replies, 981 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hey Chuck Schumer: 'Bout time to haul in Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy to get to the bottom of this: (Original post)
zonemaster Jan 2021 OP
malaise Jan 2021 #1
SheltieLover Jan 2021 #2

Response to zonemaster (Original post)

Mon Jan 25, 2021, 11:02 AM

1. Get thee to the greatest page

Yep this one needs answers

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to zonemaster (Original post)

Mon Jan 25, 2021, 11:06 AM

2. K&R!