HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'No plan, no Q, nothing':...

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 11:45 PM

'No plan, no Q, nothing': QAnon followers reel as Biden inaugurated

SAN FRANCISCO/NEW YORK (Reuters) - For three years, adherents of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy theory awaited a so-called Great Awakening, scouring anonymous web postings from a shadowy “Q” figure and parsing statements by former U.S. President Donald Trump, whom they believed to be their champion.

On Wednesday, they grappled with a harsh reality check: Trump had left office with no mass arrests or other victories against the supposed cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophile cannibal elites, especially Democrats, he was ostensibly fighting.

Instead, Democratic President Joseph Biden was calmly sworn into office, leaving legions of QAnon faithful struggling to make sense of what had transpired.

In one Telegram channel with more than 18,400 members, QAnon believers were split between those still urging others to ‘trust the plan’ and those saying they felt betrayed. “It’s obvious now we’ve been had. No plan, no Q, nothing,” wrote one user.

Some messages referenced theories that a coup was going to take place before the end of Inauguration Day. Others moved the goalposts again, speculating that Trump would be sworn into office on Mar. 4.

“Does anybody have any idea what we should be waiting for next or what the next move could be?” asked another user, who said they wanted to have a ‘big win’ and arrests made.

Jared Holt, a disinformation researcher at the Atlantic Council, said he had never before seen disillusionment in the QAnon communities he monitors at this scale.

“It’s the whole ‘trust the plan’ thing. Q believers have just allowed themselves to be strung from failed promise to failed promise.”

“The whole movement is called into question now.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-qanon/no-plan-no-q-nothing-qanon-followers-reel-as-biden-inaugurated-idUSKBN29P2VO

33 replies, 1922 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 33 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'No plan, no Q, nothing': QAnon followers reel as Biden inaugurated (Original post)
Klaralven Jan 21 OP
OAITW r.2.0 Jan 22 #1
trueblue2007 Jan 22 #24
Klaralven Jan 22 #26
trueblue2007 Jan 22 #33
Warpy Jan 22 #2
TDale313 Jan 22 #3
Warpy Jan 22 #9
Mariana Jan 22 #18
catbyte Jan 22 #13
lame54 Jan 22 #4
Rice4VP Jan 22 #5
StarfishSaver Jan 22 #7
Rice4VP Jan 22 #8
obamanut2012 Jan 22 #25
catbyte Jan 22 #14
Klaralven Jan 22 #27
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 22 #6
lunatica Jan 22 #10
DFW Jan 22 #16
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 22 #22
DFW Jan 22 #29
sandensea Jan 22 #11
onetexan Jan 22 #17
sandensea Jan 22 #32
monkeyman1 Jan 22 #12
DFW Jan 22 #15
peggysue2 Jan 22 #19
KY_EnviroGuy Jan 22 #23
peggysue2 Jan 22 #31
Mabel Jan 22 #20
PatrickforO Jan 22 #21
Maru Kitteh Jan 22 #28
lindysalsagal Jan 22 #30

Response to Klaralven (Original post)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 12:02 AM

1. Now that you know the Truth. You got scammed and will always be scammed.

What now?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OAITW r.2.0 (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 05:08 AM

24. no Q ...... mp Santa Claus

no tooth fairy, no q

no 47 foot tall cats with Lazar eyes, no q
This is the DU member formerly known as trueblue2007.

Reply to this post

Response to trueblue2007 (Reply #24)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 07:30 AM

26. But Easter's coming...

Reply to this post

Response to Klaralven (Reply #26)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 10:29 PM

33. i know honey, but there is NO Easter Bunny. It is your mommy and daddy

This is the DU member formerly known as trueblue2007.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 12:06 AM

2. Like an anthil somebody just stepped on

I have to feel sorry for a lot of them, likely there was preexisting mental illness that was manageable, but between Covid and unemployment, conspiracy crap that drove them off the deep end was all they had left.

I just hope they haven't completely alienated friends and family, or we're going to see a spike in suicides as these people find out it was all lies and that there is nothing left.

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 12:51 AM

3. I certainly don't want to see anyone harm themselves.

That said, I am finding it really hard to find much sympathy for most of these people. Cause if we’re honest, what many of them were really hoping for was for Trump to save America from “those people”. Hate for all liberals, yes, but fucking terrified at the idea of black and brown people being treated like actual people. They bought into the con because a huge part of it was reinforcing that their racism and white supremacy were actually ok. They are heartbroken now cause their hate fueled fever dream may no longer be normalized. So, yeah... sorry, not sorry. They deserve to be pariahs.

Reply to this post

Response to TDale313 (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:34 AM

9. I want the string pullers exposed

The people they duped will not be kind.

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #9)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:36 AM

18. The people they duped will line up and practically beg to be duped again.

t's not as if they went down this path unwillingly. They believed what they wanted to believe.

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:14 AM

13. I'm having an awfully hard time feeling compassion for them after learning what they wanted

to see happen on January 20. They were waiting with bated breath all morning for stormtroopers in the military, led by General Flynn, to descend on the Capitol to arrest and execute on the spot all Democrats and the Republicans in Congress who voted to certify Biden's election. After that carnage, Dear Leader would descend the steps of the Capitol to be declared God King of America and Flynn proclaimed VP. They claim to be "patriots who love the Constitution," but they are nothing but bloodthirsty fascists and neo-Nazis who don't give a damn about anything or anyone but themselves because Dear Leader, even though he despises them, spent 4+ years telling them how "special" they were.

They are the vilest, most un-American, unpatriotic sacks of shit I've seen in my lifetime. Fuck every last one of them.

Sorry, but I've had it with these traitors.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 12:57 AM

4. Santa didn't show

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:00 AM

5. So what's the significance of March 4?

This is the DU member formerly known as Rice4VP.

Reply to this post

Response to Rice4VP (Reply #5)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:17 AM

7. Maybe because it's the day presidents were originally sworn in?

Inauguration Day was changed to January in the 1940s, apparently because it was no longer deemed necessary to have a 4 month transition period in modern times.

Reply to this post

Response to StarfishSaver (Reply #7)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:24 AM

8. LOL

This is the DU member formerly known as Rice4VP.

Reply to this post

Response to StarfishSaver (Reply #7)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 07:06 AM

25. That is the reason why

There are actually only 18 Presidents, because the US ended when the date was changed to January 20 and became the US Corporation. When Trump unleashed The Storm on March 4th, the US will be the real US again, and he will be the 19th President.

Of course, this was also supposed to happen in December, and then January 20.

Reply to this post

Response to Rice4VP (Reply #5)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:15 AM

14. Inauguration Day was March 4 before the 20th Amendment was ratified in 1933.

Apparently, to them, some Amendments are more equal than others.

Reply to this post

Response to catbyte (Reply #14)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 07:35 AM

27. If that doesn't work, there is always April 30, the day of George Washington's first inauguration

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:08 AM

6. tRump will rise from the dead on the third day (click here to donate).....

Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2021, 04:31 AM - Edit history (1)

No wait, interpret that to mean the thirteenth day (click here to donate).....

Aww shucks, we misread the signs from Space Force....it's really the thirty-first day (click here to donate).....

(click here to make it monthly)

KY....... .....

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #6)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:39 AM

10. LOL!

(Click here to make it monthly)

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #6)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:22 AM

16. Click whom to donate?

(Sorry, but „click her to donate“ gets the typo of the week award, no offense )

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #16)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 04:40 AM

22. Thanks for catching that, DFW. That's what I get for using copy and paste, LOL.

Errors copy perfectly just like the good stuff!

Hope things are going well for you in Deutschland as well as for your extended family across the pond.

Let us know the scuttlebutt about the inauguration over there. Hope the reception is very positive.

KY.......

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #22)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 09:36 AM

29. Except for the weather, all is well, thanks!

It has mostly been grey and dark for weeks now. The inauguration got huge coverage here, as well as a LOT of very relieved Europeans. We don't know ANYBODY who isn't rejoicing, although there are no doubt a few over in Poland, Hungary, Belarus and in the Kremlin itself that would have preferred the free ride they have had for the last four years. All I get is "congratulations," and it sounds just fine to me.

What will be harder to repair will be the lingering doubts that were sown over the last four years. Everyone wants to know what we will do, or even can do, to prevent this from ever happening again. If we shut down Fox Noise, they'll just shut down MSNBC next time they get the chance. Fox, of course, has the easier task. They can report the truth when they feel like it, and just make up their own stuff when they don't, and scream, "First Amendment!" to cover their asses. They can start a Fox Nature Channel, where Sean Hannity will narrate a documentary explaining that deer are vicious carnivores and tigers are docile vegetarians, and then deny all responsibility when their viewers break into tiger cages at the zoos for selfies, and get eaten.

As for me, the EU-wide lockdown is greatly hampering my work. It's a royal pain in the ass to get anywhere, since much of the transportation has been canceled. I'm lucky if I can get to another country once a week, where I am normally in a different country every day. If I ever retire, at least now I know what it will be like!

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 01:55 AM

11. They're Q-less

Reply to this post

Response to sandensea (Reply #11)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:29 AM

17. LOL

well played

Reply to this post

Response to onetexan (Reply #17)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 12:11 PM

32. Why, thank you.

They make it so easy.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:11 AM

12. yea rite !!!

the trump tribe has struck again !!! got ya 's . your money has parted way's

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:19 AM

15. I know what they should be waiting for next

Godot

Because Godot will show before Trump gets another inauguration.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:40 AM

19. The whole movement is called into question . . . now?

It's still incredible IMHO that so many people were drawn into a mass delusion, one fueled by fear, paranoia and hate. It's a real-time lesson in what drove the Inquisition, the heresy and witch trials centuries ago. It also took the earlier Satanic, pedophile fear, the moral panic of the 1980s and 90s to new heights. The idea that freaking Donald Trump is deemed a hero, a savior in this alternate-reality Universe is stunning. And its driven a sizable number of Americans absolutely bonkers.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of these sad, isolated true believers. The danger is that White Nationalists are reportedly now trying to recruit the disillusioned.

As for the the diehards? They're waiting for March 4th when presumably Trump will be inaugurated, take his rightful place in the White House. Then he'll kill all the traitors. Meaning us, anyone who disagrees. There's a real blood-lust in the thinking.

This is a Koolaid that kills its members' ability to reason, to think for themselves. The world revolves around Following the Plan, even though the goalposts are constantly changing.

It's a cruel, dangerous con. In that way, it's perfectly suited to Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to peggysue2 (Reply #19)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 04:54 AM

23. I've been just as stunned by their falling for the lies about COVID-19....

which endangers not just them and their families, but also many other innocent folks they exposed. The disability and deaths just from the pandemic deceptions alone must be in the tens of thousands. It's no wonder now that they did not implement effective nation-wide contact tracing, as that would have exposed the damage caused by his careless rallies and meetings.

I only regret that President Biden didn't take office this time last year. We would be in a completely different space now.

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #23)

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 11:58 AM

31. Yes, that is equally amazing and dangerous

From what I've read there's been real confusion among Q-members about what to think regarding Covid because Trump was all over the place. But the default setting was definitely rejection of the 'experts' and then wild tales of nanobot injections along with the vaccine, mind control and/or utter hoax to control the masses.

It's been a complete takeover of reason. All for the sake of Donald Trump, the hero of the story.

Right too that competent leadership has been sorely needed over these long, long months. Now we find out that Trump's people had no credible distribution plan in place. The whole thing has been a complete disaster and the American public has paid the deadly price.

Here's hoping for far better days ahead.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:41 AM

20. Maybe Q and Trump were busy

fighting the alien lizard people

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 02:48 AM

21. I know what they should be waiting for. Good policies, and good legislation that

materially helps the American people.

With a little FBI surveillance spice added to the mix.
This is the DU member formerly known as PatrickforO.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 07:52 AM

28. No plan, no Q, no mass arrests, no public executions,

no brain cells at all.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 22, 2021, 10:15 AM

30. May1st is the end of the world. So give me your bank accounts.

You won't be needing them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread