HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Did anyone really believe...

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:44 PM

Did anyone really believe Pence would be the one to take him down with the 25th and have a target

on his back alone? Hell no! Of course he is going to hand that off to congress. I actually don't blame him. Trump's supporters are fucking NUTS!

5 replies, 341 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Did anyone really believe Pence would be the one to take him down with the 25th and have a target (Original post)
Quixote1818 Tuesday OP
SunStar Tuesday #1
RockRaven Tuesday #2
Xolodno Tuesday #3
GigiLeigh Wednesday #4
DFW Wednesday #5

Response to Quixote1818 (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:46 PM

1. not really

I figured if it was going to happen it would have been in the first 24 hours after the attack on the Capitol and only if the attack and threat to his own life made him appropriate levels of furious.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 09:54 PM

2. I never took it as a given that Pence could whip together half the "primary officers"

Especially once Trump heard that the effort was underway -- he'd start firing the probable yeses and replacing them with blindly loyal "actings"

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 10:01 PM

3. Nope. For two reasons.

1. It was intended for when the President became incapacitated, such as Woodrow Wilson.

2. He probably can't get the support he needs from the Trump "yes men".

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 02:15 AM

4. He could have

said according to legal advice he can't do this and left it there. Instead he accuses dems of playing politics and dividing the nation.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 02:25 AM

5. Hardly

Trump only kicked Pence in the ass and the gut. His man parts were spared up to now, so it was a safe bet that Pence would be back on his knees before long asking for more.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread