HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Those closest to Trump, s...

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:31 AM

Those closest to Trump, starting with Guiliani and Don Jr, should be arrested for inciting ...

...an insurrection.

Rudy Guiliani, Trump's personal attorney, was at the rally that preceded the attack upon our nation's Capitol. His words were incendiary. He called for a "trial by combat"? What did he mean by that? Of course Rudy would have an explanation for that. He has an explanation for everything. That is why he is Donald Trump's personal attorney.

Merrick Garland could get off on the right foot if he arrested Mr Guiliani as one of his first acts as the new Attorney General. Both he and Don Jr should be charged with sedition against the government of the United States.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/rudy-giuliani-capitol-riot-new-york-bar-b1785512.html

7 replies, 416 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Those closest to Trump, starting with Guiliani and Don Jr, should be arrested for inciting ... (Original post)
kentuck Jan 12 OP
Walleye Jan 12 #1
Turin_C3PO Jan 12 #2
C_U_L8R Jan 12 #3
Mike 03 Jan 12 #4
Meowmee Jan 12 #5
bullimiami Jan 12 #6
kentuck Jan 12 #7

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:33 AM

1. Me. Garland has his work cut out for him.

Rudy shouldn’t be allowed to clean this up. If he didn’t mean violent attacks he should’ve explain that to the mob when he had a chance

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:36 AM

2. Rudy should definitely go to prison.

I believe the FBI had already been investigating him for something that occurred before his seditious comments at the rally?

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:39 AM

3. Civil suits will destroy what's left.

And a Trump pardon would only help prove those cases.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:41 AM

4. Hell yes!!

"Trial by combat". I don't care too much about Rudy's explanation. It seemed to mean: "We lost every case we brought in the courts of law, so let's use our fists and weapons to get what we want."

Honest to God, that entire day, starting from the speeches to the attack on the Capitol, reminds me of footage I've seen of the "protests" in the lead up to the Yugoslav wars of the 90s, with Slobodan Milošević working Serbians into a blind fury over totally fabricated stories of Kosovo Albanians committing atrocities against Serbs. It really has that same flavor.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 07:44 AM

5. Title should be changed to inciting an insurrection

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 08:08 AM

6. Every one of them that ranted on the stage 1/6 is directly guilty of inciting the coup attempt.

Reply to this post

Response to bullimiami (Reply #6)

Tue Jan 12, 2021, 08:12 AM

7. Mo Brooks (R-AL) should be censured by the House.

They could act immediately.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread