HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A few good things that co...

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:43 PM

A few good things that could eventually emerge from the trump error (er, era)

The beginnings of the death of social networking tools - all of them (I know it is a pipedream, but for the most part, they are havens for voyeurs and narcissists and just plain waste time and ruin relationships - and as we see, create conspiracy cults - just to name a few things).

The beginning of the end of right wing hate radio and TV. This one won't be so easy, but I think Democrats need to put their thinking caps on and think of ways of eroding them.

Shining a light on what's really been doing on in the country due to the race to the right of the right wing, combined with the two factors above - continuing seething racism, misogyny, homophobia and more.

There may be more good things - of course, what Biden and Harris hope to accomplish in their platforms will all be good things - but as those proceed, somehow the rot that enabled us to be where we are need to be excised.

4 replies, 436 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply A few good things that could eventually emerge from the trump error (er, era) (Original post)
NRaleighLiberal Jan 11 OP
Kitchari Jan 11 #1
pecosbob Jan 11 #2
Thekaspervote Jan 11 #3
kwolf68 Jan 11 #4

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Original post)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:29 PM

1. Shining a light on these problems, as you say,

Is the first step in correcting them. Quote from Seneca : “Hidden hatred is worse than uncovered hatred” - we are uncovering this terrible hatred to come to a reckoning

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:35 PM

2. Over Trump's veto the NDAA was passed which included a new money laundering provision...

which could lead to making all campaign donations transparent. This could be a really good thing.

I even heard Westwood One was making changes. The AM radio hate networks have always been high on my King for a Day list.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:38 PM

3. I've been scoffed at for pushing this..BOYCOTTS are very successful

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 10:40 PM

4. Right wing media is going nowhere

In fact, the other thread about CNN said Fox News will be expanding their opinion programming and reducing actual news.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread