HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wendy Davis says Trump su...

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:07 PM

Wendy Davis says Trump supporters harassing a Biden bus in Texas should have served as a warning

Nine weeks before invaders violently took siege on the U.S. Capitol, President Donald Trump’s zealous supporters swarmed a Joe Biden presidential campaign bus driving through Central Texas, waving “Make America Great Again” flags, shouting profanities and ultimately frightening those on board enough that Democrats canceled multiple campaign events that evening.

Former Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, who was on the bus, said that law enforcement authorities didn’t take that incident seriously enough and now sees it is an example of how Trump supporters have become dangerously emboldened to act lawlessly, fueled by some Republicans who either tacitly or explicitly encouraged the sort of violence that culminated with last week’s attack.

“This is a symptom of a broader problem that is not going away. This truly is the birth of a domestic terrorist unit. And I think that the FBI and local law enforcement need to see it this way,” said Davis, who spoke publicly about the October incident for the first time on Monday to The Texas Tribune. “It’s no surprise that we see things like Wednesday of last week in our nation's Capitol, when people who are behaving aggressively like that are rewarded and praised by their quote-unquote leader for that kind of behavior.”

...The bus incident, which resulted in a minor collision between a Biden volunteer driving behind the bus and a Trump supporter, was caught on video and made national headlines just days before the November election. It also garnered praise from Republican leaders.

A day after the incident, Trump tweeted a video of the Trump supporters following the Biden bus saying, “I LOVE TEXAS!” and falsely claimed his supporters were “protecting” the bus.

More at https://www.texastribune.org/2021/01/11/wendy-davis-us-capitol-riot-texas/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

5 replies, 560 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wendy Davis says Trump supporters harassing a Biden bus in Texas should have served as a warning (Original post)
BeyondGeography Jan 11 OP
JI7 Jan 11 #1
DonaldsRump Jan 11 #2
dalton99a Jan 11 #3
MagickMuffin Jan 11 #4
pecosbob Jan 11 #5

Response to BeyondGeography (Original post)

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:07 PM

1. Cops protected the guy that did it

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:10 PM

2. This should be added to the evidence in the House's impeachment case

It shows that Trump had a clear predilection towards violence against Biden and his supporters.

There are MANY more examples of this far earlier than January 6, 2021 that clearly demonstrate what Trump was and is capable of.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:12 PM

3. Yep.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:14 PM

4. Exactly, right

That has kept playing in my head since the insurrection.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 11, 2021, 09:46 PM

5. I'm still waiting to hear State Troopers are investigating the harrassment of a State Representative

crickets...

I had hoped to move back there someday but it's still way too stupid In Texas.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread