HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'inside job' in Capitol r...

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 08:25 AM

'inside job' in Capitol riots

Last edited Sun Jan 10, 2021, 01:39 PM - Edit history (1)

Democrats call for investigation into police conduct after claims of 'inside job' in Capitol riots

Democrat members of Congress have questioned whether police officers aided the invasion of the Capitol Building as they demanded access to all police communications during the riots.

A number of Democrats have raised the possibility that the pro-Trump mob that broke into the Capitol building on Wednesday could have had outside assistance as they questioned how swiftly rioters were able to identify and target individual lawmakers' offices in the labyrinthine building.

It came after footage of the riots showed some officers making no attempt to stop the flood of people entering the building while at least one officer posed for a picture with the rioters.

One of the rioters claimed in an interview with the New York Times that a Capitol Police officer had actually directed him to the office of Chuck Schumer, the Democrat leader in the Senate. The office of Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic House Speaker, was also targeted.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/09/democrats-call-investigation-police-conduct-claims-inside-job/

12 replies, 1058 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to BlueWavePsych (Original post)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 08:27 AM

1. Patently obvious imo

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SheltieLover (Reply #1)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 12:58 PM

5. 'Inside job': House Dems ask if Capitol rioters had hidden help

A growing number of House Democrats say they’re concerned that tactical decisions by some Capitol Police officers worsened Wednesday’s riots and have raised the possibility that the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol might have had outside help.

Lawmakers have uniformly praised most Capitol Police officers for their heroic response to the riots. Many officers suffered injuries defending members, aides and journalists from the onslaught and one, Brian Sicknick, died late Thursday. But videos have also surfaced showing a small number of officers pulling down barricades for the rioters and, in another instance, stopping for a photo with one of them.

Some of those incidents were raised on a 3.5-hour caucus call by House Democrats on Friday, demanding an investigation not only into the decisions by the Capitol Police leadership but by some rank-and-file officers caught on camera. But the lawmakers also raised general concerns that the rioters had some sort of outside help not necessarily attributable to the Capitol’s police corps.

Rep. Steven Horsford (D-Nev.) told his colleagues he thought the riots were “an inside job,” according to two lawmakers on the call.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/congress-democrats-capitol-riot-inside-job-456725

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWavePsych (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 01:16 PM

7. How about officers enabled it?

Some officers.

I can think of a way it could have been dealt with.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 08:34 AM

2. Those officers have as much blood on their hands as anyone else

I wonder if they have any regrets that one (so far) of their own was murdered.

Reply to this post

Response to Rorey (Reply #2)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 12:57 PM

4. Capitol cop 'kills himself' 3 days after fellow officer was killed by rioters during Congress siege

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWavePsych (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 01:17 PM

8. Wonder if he fell out a window or had bad tea?

Reply to this post

Response to SheltieLover (Reply #8)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 02:32 PM

11. I'm guessing he either had a conscience

Or an aversion to prison.

Reply to this post

Response to Rorey (Reply #11)

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 05:10 PM

12. Yup

Not sure if he worked that day, but I'll bet he knew what was planned & did not speak out. Just a gut feeling.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 01:19 PM

9. I am left wondering if he had a part to play in the complicity...

... but I want to be sure I am not besmirching his name without evidence.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 02:31 PM

10. I suspected it was suicide when I saw the initial article

Well, possibly he had a conscience after he saw the consequences of being affiliated with the insurgency. I'm just speculating.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 08:39 AM

3. K&R, looks like the capital police Captain was a Trumper

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 10, 2021, 01:01 PM

6. I wonder if they all got a simultaneous order on their coms?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread