HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WTTW - You don't bring fl...

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 11:19 AM

WTTW - You don't bring flex-cuffs (zip ties) to a 1st Amendment Protest

You don't bring them to a riot.
You don't bring them to a simple tour of the Capitol Building.

They have no purpose cached in a backpack as you get-off at an aggrieved and inciting Trump speech beforehand.

They're for detaining people. I'm sure that those who had them weren't planning on detaining any misbehaving Hate-triots, because the whole premise was misbehavior and mischief. And for some, it was confrontation, detention, violence - against people who were a) working in the Capitol, b) not sufficiently Trump-aligned. No guess who belongs in the intersection of that Venn diagram.

Some of these folks also brought weapons, wore body armor, knew unpublished locations of offices of specific Congressional members. None of that stuff is necessary for attending a 1st Amendment protest, as the DoD is calling it. They were there to either overpower and do harm to members of our country's Congressional representation, impede and influence the result of the Electoral process, or both. These are felonies.

All of these people were not simple trespassers, but direct participants, or accessories to, a destructive, armed, violent and murderous insurrection against the Government of the United States, as dis-organized as it may have been, and should be treated as such. Don't charge them with something light and release them on their own recognizance; over-charge them and let some judge or prosecutor winnow down the charges later. Lock them up, or they'll be back sooner than you think. Maybe in another 10 days, or so. If they were deranged enough to attempt this, the true-believers among them are probably not especially discouraged.

8 replies, 895 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to zonemaster (Original post)

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 11:23 AM

1. Can you imagine if they actually got to pence or any

Elected officials omg

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 11:23 AM

2. Starting to wonder if some cops didn't deliberately leave their bags of flex cuff open for the thugs

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 11:38 AM

3. I saw video of more than one person with the flex-cuffs inside and outside the building.

I was trying to wrap my head around it. There is a lot more to this than just a few bad actors.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 11:47 AM

4. A lethal force was embedded in the insurrection crowd.

They were organized and had a mission: capture and assassinate members of Congress. That's why a gallows appeared on Capitol grounds, that's why zip ties were photographed in the hands of insurrectionists. It's plain and simple.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 11:57 AM

5. Zip Tie guy grabbed them onsite, though. STILL shows advance knowledge and intent, though.

Somehow he know where to find them in the building.

They were for Capitol Police use and he raided the stash. BUT how did he know where they would be? WHO told him?

Reply to this post

Response to TigressDem (Reply #5)

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 12:00 PM

6. Was The Tac Wear There, Too?

There's a picture of him wearing a combat helmet & body armor.
Where did he get those? They had tactical wear in the Capitol for anybody to grab?
If he got those there, somebody with a key gave them to him.

Reply to this post

Response to ProfessorGAC (Reply #6)

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 09:15 PM

8. Nah, he was all freakin' on his own, far as I know. lol

There was an earlier post here on DU that pointed out some video of the Zip Tie guy grabbing ties from some security stash.

In the after shock as it were, people were wondering about what kind of help these MAGAs were getting.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2021, 12:09 PM

7. Come on! Who doesn't have flex-cuffs, duct tape, and assorted weapons on them...

...at all times? They are in a box in the truck of every car.

It is totally normal and commonplace! That reminds me...where did I put my car safety kit????

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread