HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Illinois GOP congresswoma...

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 09:39 PM

Illinois GOP congresswoman claims she was attacking Democrats in citing Adolf Hitler

Newly inaugurated Downstate Illinois Congesswoman Mary Miller’s office is claiming she was referring to Democratic attempts to indoctrinate youth rather than her stated push to persuade younger people to the conservative cause when she cited Adolf Hitler in a speech earlier this week.

Miller, only days into office, received condemnation from Republicans and Democrats alike as well as Jewish anti-defamation groups for referencing the Nazi master of the Holocaust in a Tuesday speech to Moms for America, a conservative group that says its mission is to “raise a new generation of patriots” through “the mothers of America.”

Miller, a Republican who was born and raised in suburban Naperville but lives in Oakland and represents deep southwestern Illinois, referred to the need for conservatives to teach their beliefs to younger voters who have trended more Democratic in recent years.

“Each generation has the responsibility to teach and train the next generation. You know, if we win a few elections, we’re still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, whoever has the youth has the future,” she said.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-gop-congresswoman-mary-miller-says-hitler-remarks-about-democrats-20210108-wka4fva76naurmvehfcrzocdca-story.html

Oh so that makes it JUST FINE!!!!

My head hurts .
I was listening to Jan Schakowsky (progressive member of the house from Chicagoland) on Chicago's Progressive Talk Radio today (WCPT) she was saying that she was excited about how many women are in the house now and she was looking forward to meeting Miller and showing her around despite the fact that Miller is from the far right. Jan like me is a Jewish woman. So now she wants Miller out.

2 replies, 532 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Illinois GOP congresswoman claims she was attacking Democrats in citing Adolf Hitler (Original post)
mucifer Jan 7 OP
Guy Whitey Corngood Jan 7 #1
Thekaspervote Jan 7 #2

Response to mucifer (Original post)

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 09:41 PM

1. Hey, I get it. Stalin had some really good points.... Take that Repukes!!! nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mucifer (Original post)

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 09:53 PM

2. There is absolutely no good reason for inciting the name hitler..NONE!! You POS!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread