HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » LAPD urged to arrest poss...

Sun Jan 3, 2021, 12:41 PM

LAPD urged to arrest possible 'Karen' in viral New York hotel lobby video

Evidently she is also on probation in California, with an upcoming court date on January 14th for one of her previous crimes. So if she is not picked up before then, she will probably be held in jail on the NY warrant.

By CITY NEWS SERVICE | news@socalnews.com |
PUBLISHED: January 2, 2021 at 2:37 p.m. | UPDATED: January 2, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.

Standing in front of the Los Angeles Police Department’s North Hollywood station, social activists on Saturday urged LAPD Chief Michel Moore to arrest a local woman they believe — in a racially motivated attack — tackled a 14-year-old boy in a Manhattan hotel lobby over what later turned out to be his own cellphone.

“It’s the duty and the responsibility — not only of the city — but especially where we stand now, the LAPD, step up to the plate (and) make the arrest. Do your duty and officials in this city expedite her,” Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable President Earl Ofari Hutchinson said.

In an incident captured on video that has gone viral, a woman accused the Black teenager of stealing her phone last Saturday at the Arlo SoHo. She tackled the boy and tried to keep him from leaving the hotel’s lobby.

The woman’s phone was later returned to her by a rideshare driver.

More: https://www.dailynews.com/2021/01/02/lapd-urged-to-arrest-possible-karen-in-viral-new-york-hotel-lobby-video/

Here is another dandy. She was 'arrested for refusing to leave a five-star Beverly Hills hotel while drunk with her mom' - months before: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9107615/SoHo-Karen-previously-arrested-mom-drunkenly-refusing-leave-LA-hotel.html

5 replies, 726 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply LAPD urged to arrest possible 'Karen' in viral New York hotel lobby video (Original post)
Quixote1818 Jan 3 OP
rusty fender Jan 3 #1
LakeArenal Jan 3 #2
Hassin Bin Sober Jan 3 #3
Quixote1818 Jan 3 #4
Hassin Bin Sober Jan 3 #5

Response to Quixote1818 (Original post)

Sun Jan 3, 2021, 01:01 PM

1. Sounds like too much

affluence and racism in this one

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jan 3, 2021, 01:07 PM

2. Oh geezus h crust.....

Sure arrest a lone woman. But when three cops kill a black kid they don't get charged.

Not that Nasty Woman doesn’t need to be charged but cripes lets get the biggest offenders once in awhile.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 3, 2021, 01:09 PM

3. Correct me if I'm wrong but LA can't "arrest" for something outside their jurisdiction.

The charges would have to be filed in NY and a warrant issued. Then LA can arrest her on the warrant.

Reply to this post

Response to Hassin Bin Sober (Reply #3)

Sun Jan 3, 2021, 01:32 PM

4. Generally has to be a felony for another state to act on a warrant

which I think at least one of the charges is a felony. The article goes into more detail. Sounds like LA is waiting for NY to ask them to do something.

Reply to this post

Response to Quixote1818 (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 3, 2021, 01:49 PM

5. Yeah the source made me turn off ad block...

... and pay walled me anyway. Bastards lol

Yeah I was hoping the charge her with kidnapping- or whatever they are calling restricting movement in NY.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread