HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How many people are hoppi...

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 01:15 PM

How many people are hopping out of bed each morning to find out if they can go to work?

My wife (Treasury) has been waiting for the budget to get settled; if the Govt shuts down, she's not allowed to even look at her email. OPM will apparently stretch the definition of "open Government" if it appears that the budget Bill was going to be signed. Now that Trump is threatening to veto it.....

3 replies, 512 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply How many people are hopping out of bed each morning to find out if they can go to work? (Original post)
brooklynite Dec 2020 OP
catbyte Dec 2020 #1
mucifer Dec 2020 #2
Turin_C3PO Dec 2020 #3

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 01:21 PM

1. I'm so sorry you and your wife are going through this. I'm sad for everyone living with this

unnecessary uncertainty. This goddamned clusterfuck is going to be torture right up until the bitter end. It seems like it's been 7 months instead of 7 weeks since the election.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 02:02 PM

2. I have a friend who works for a government agency. Her problem is that she is

considered essential. So she has to work no matter what. Some of her coworkers are considered non essential. So they don't work if there is a shutdown. But, both groups get paid.

So that causes a lot of tension at work because some get paid for working. Some get paid for not working. All don't get a paycheck when the government isn't shut down.

I am sorry your wife is going through this crap for now damn reason.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 02:04 PM

3. Hopefully this shit

gets straightened out so people like your wife don't have to sit at home for petty partisan antics.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread