HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mark Warner: The Internet...

Sat Dec 5, 2020, 01:03 AM

Mark Warner: The Internet of Things (IoT) Cybersecurity Improvement Act, is now the law of the land.

Tweet text:
Eric Garland
@ericgarland

Dec 4, 2020
Guys - this is a bigger deal than people realize for national security. Thanks to everyone who got it done. 💪🇺🇸

Mark Warner
@MarkWarner
After years of bipartisan work, tonight, my bill, The Internet of Things (IoT) Cybersecurity Improvement Act, is now the law of the land. As the number of IoT devices in use continues to grow, we must ensure safeguards are in place to defend these devices from cyber threats.

Eric Garland
@ericgarland
Think of it as Internet of Things Hostile Foreign Nation-States Can Hack, and the importance jumps out.

Text - H.R.1668 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act of 2020
Text for H.R.1668 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act of 2020
congress.gov
10:00 PM Dec 4, 2020

1 replies, 549 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mark Warner: The Internet of Things (IoT) Cybersecurity Improvement Act, is now the law of the land. (Original post)
Nevilledog Dec 2020 OP
FormerOstrich Dec 2020 #1

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Sat Dec 5, 2020, 01:26 AM

1. I've never bought into

the idea the IOT devices all need hooked up and grouped in with utilities, financial institutions, and etc.

Seriously, household toasters and community water services all pretty much on one big platform. The internet backbone was too cheap to resist making it the end all for all. For real cybersecurity, well that boat sailed away with big blue.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread