HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'm thankful for my fello...

Thu Nov 26, 2020, 02:18 PM

I'm thankful for my fellow DUers

This will be the first time in our married lives (43 years) that we will spend Thanksgiving without ANY of our children or grandchildren at home. Its harder on my wife than it is on me.
I know that many of my fellow DUers are experiencing the same thing, some without even the company of a spouse. My heart goes out to all of you.
2021 WILL BE A HEALING YEAR!

2 replies, 290 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm thankful for my fellow DUers (Original post)
70sEraVet Nov 2020 OP
hamsterjill Nov 2020 #1
Kid Berwyn Nov 2020 #2

Response to 70sEraVet (Original post)

Thu Nov 26, 2020, 02:23 PM

1. Happy Thanksgiving.

My daughter and son-in-law live about twenty minutes away. Ill be going to their house for a pretty fast visit.

The three of us will be masked and we will practice social distancing. We are eating outside. Ill arrive when the food is ready and Ill leave as soon as weve eaten. I have a face shield to use when the mask comes off for eating.

I am most grateful to be able to do this small thing.

May 2021 truly be a healing year. We all need it.

Best to you and your entire family!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 70sEraVet (Original post)

Thu Nov 26, 2020, 02:30 PM

2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, 70sEraVet!

And what was it that brought the reality of America into closer alignment with its promise of equality, justice, and prosperity? Biden asked. It was love. Plain and simple. Love of country and love for one another.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8987327/Biden-makes-Thanksgiving-address-nation.html

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread