HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Nothing new about the mys...

Sun Nov 22, 2020, 01:45 PM

Nothing new about the mysterious Senegal skin disease coming from the Atlantic Ocean?

Google News search

This seems like a very important potential threat yet so far it seems not much new about it has come up over the last couple of days. If the skin disease comes from contact with the ocean then we need to keep in mind that about 70% of the Earth is covered by what's really one big ocean, so there's no reason to expect this disease to stay confined to the region of Senegal.

Here's one article that says it might be from chemicals spilled by ships. If that turns out to be the case and it's not some sort of life-form that reproduces then this might not be so bad, but I think it's something to keep our eyes on.

2 replies, 698 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nothing new about the mysterious Senegal skin disease coming from the Atlantic Ocean? (Original post)
Towlie Nov 22 OP
catbyte Nov 22 #1
Jirel Nov 22 #2

Response to Towlie (Original post)

Sun Nov 22, 2020, 01:48 PM

1. Why is this not a surprise?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Towlie (Original post)

Sun Nov 22, 2020, 02:10 PM

2. Doesn't sound like anything for most of us to worry about.

Itíll be some sort of pollution. Good to figure out what it is to make sure we look for it being dumped. Other than that, I feel bad for them but itís not going to be the next big thing even in Senegal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread