HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » One thing that amazes is ...

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:16 PM

One thing that amazes is the distance between the daily suffering of those who've lost someone to th

?s=21

Mara Gay
@MaraGay
One thing that amazes is the distance between the daily suffering of those who’ve lost someone to this virus, or like me are in the battle of their lives to recover from it, and those for whom missing one Thanksgiving dinner is too big a sacrifice to make. They have no idea.
3:38 PM · Nov 20, 2020

4 replies, 579 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply One thing that amazes is the distance between the daily suffering of those who've lost someone to th (Original post)
soothsayer Nov 20 OP
birdographer Nov 20 #1
handmade34 Nov 20 #2
Laelth Nov 20 #3
keithbvadu2 Nov 20 #4

Response to soothsayer (Original post)

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:23 PM

1. This is the problem

If it hasn't touched you personally, it seems like it's an isolated and remote threat. Plus, people are stupid, particularly trump supporters who actually believe it is either a "cold virus" or a hoax altogether. I am very sorry for those who gather for one day and end up losing loved ones. Hindsight is useless in these times. I hope you recover.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:30 PM

2. "they have no idea"

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:40 PM

3. There may be no "recovery" for some people.

I know two long-termers, both of them infected in March of 2020, and neither of them has “recovered” in any real sense of the word. Both have obvious and persistent blood clots that are visible in their lower legs and feet. Both have puffy, watery eyes that affect their vision, constantly. Both have weakened hearts—like an elephant sitting on your chest if you try to walk 100 yards, briskly. Both struggle to breathe from time to time. Both have persistent pneumonia-like symptoms. They also continue to suffer with massive inflammation of their internal organs.

This is a badass virus, and many, MANY people will NEVER “recover” from it.

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 11:22 PM

4. Lost someone? - 'Almost nothing' acc to the Trumps.

Lost someone? - Almost nothing acc to the Trumps.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread